Home from surgery

eclares
on 7/11/13 2:35 am - savannah, ga

My surgery was Monday and I had to stay extra night because of severe nausea.  I am really disappointed because I am one of the 2 percent who still has the hunger hormone.  I am so hungry but every time i drink my broth or unsweet tea the hunger is still there.  I am so depressed and looking for some kind of inspiration.

Eva Clare Christian

Cabin
on 7/11/13 3:32 am

Gosh, being really nauseated is pretty darned miserable. I hope you feel better now.

How can it be determined at this point that you still have a hunger hormone?

Hislady
on 7/11/13 5:21 am - Vancouver, WA

Did you have the sleeve? If so there is still the hormone in your system from pre-op manufacturing of it, it takes a little bit for it to work out of your system, Also your nerves were cut so it's hard to tell exactly what sensation you are feeling, it could also be acid from your stomach as it is still producing acid for a full sized stomach for awhile until your body realizes it doesn't need as much. That is why most patients are put on an acid reducer. Acid can feel just like hunger and it takes a bit to figure out what all these new feelings are. This is why docs tell you to eat measured amounts of food when you start eating because the cut nerves don't tell you when you are full for several weeks after surgery so you have to measure to make sure you don't over eat and stress your staple line.

eclares
on 7/13/13 10:56 am - savannah, ga

Thanks for the info! Yes i had the sleeve and I am on an acid reducer.  My friend who had it hasn't been hungry since she woke up.  I was just hoping I would be like her.. :)

Eva Clare Christian

Most Active