Cheapest way to find a protein shake you like

beautyfromash
on 11/2/13 4:50 am

So I bought some vanilla whey protein.  ICK ICK ICK.  I like the chocolate fine but this vanilla is horrid.  My question is do any of you know where I can find samples of the different whey protein.  I hate spending money on something that I will never use.  Are there any companies or websites that do that?  I'm a newb here.  Anyone want this nasty crap I just bought?  lol

Valerie G.
on 11/2/13 5:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

vitalady.com, bariatriceating.com.  Even the health food stores have single serving packets.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

beautyfromash
on 11/2/13 6:23 am

Thank you so much for replying.  Checking them out right now!  Whats your personal favorite?

Valerie G.
on 11/2/13 9:05 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I like Jay Robb egg white protein.  It's not fabulous on its own, but it has no aftertaste and it mixes beautifully with coffee or strawberries, which is more my style.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

saterry
on 11/2/13 6:49 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I have been adding SF pudding, SF flavored creamer and SF popcycles to my vanilla shakes to spice things up a bit.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/2/13 7:05 am, edited 11/2/13 7:07 am - Burleson, TX

Before you give up in the vanilla shake, try doctoring it up. I use lots of different SF syrups..just whatever strikes my mood at the time. I get the syrups everywhere..Amazon, Wal-Mart, World Market...I also change up what I mix vanilla with--sometimes water/Crystal Lite/Coffee...I also often use frozen banana pieces and frozen berries, in place of ice-the shake will be thicker, and won't get "watered down"...

Use your imagination..I bet you will surprise yourself!

Edited to add:

My personal fave protein shake is Click. I buy it thru Amazon, as I find it to have the best "auto ship" prices. I prefer my Click warm. Cold things, first thing in the morning, don't sit well with Oscar (my grouchy pouch)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

TurnThePage
on 11/2/13 7:48 am

Unjury and Bariatric Advantage offer samples of their drinks. Bariatric Choice website has a good deal on samples of Syntrax.

beautyfromash
on 11/2/13 8:33 am
Thanks for all the helpful hints!
Luvs2Cruise
on 11/2/13 8:55 am, edited 11/2/13 3:51 pm
VSG on 10/30/13
Vanilla is not my favorite either. I picked up a ton of different protein samples at an area Vitamin Shoppe. I have found some great flavors I like.

I do find I can drink the Premire RTD Vanilla (Sam's Club), but tend to doctor them with SF flavored syrups, PB2 or decaf coffee, but in a pinch I can drnk them plain.. Other Vanilla shakes I have tried are just plain yucky. I also love the Chicken Protein Soup from Unjury. Tastes like Cup-o-Soup.

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

DiVathick2thin89
on 11/2/13 10:32 am - NC

hey i know you asked abt samples but what i did was i bought the big tub of protein in the black in orange container from walmart for like $15. i bought it blindly w/o even thinking about the possibilty that i may hate it.. silly me. but it turns out that ii actually like it but the trick is to also get the sugar free dark chocolate jello mix too. i mix 160z lactaid milk 2 scoops of the protein (which is my daily required amnt b/c each scoop is 32 g protein) and about 1/3 of the pudding mix and VOILA it takes just like chocolate milk to me. if you like choc milk its great. also im a big starbucks frappuccino drinker so if you pour it over crushed ice or blend it with ice it good that way too! hope this helps for variety!

good luck!

Most Active