new to this

kmosher3261
on 12/12/13 8:19 am

hello! I just joined this site in hopes for inspiration, advice, friendly chats and friends. I have gone to the orientation for weight loss and have my appointment to meet with all the doctors January 6th. after that I will be able to meet with my surgeon to schedule my surgery date. I was looking for some friends to add to my page so we can share my journey as well as yours. :)

StacyJ294
on 12/12/13 12:05 pm - Canada

Hi there, into, am new here. I had my surgery on dec 2.   

shoutjoy
on 12/12/13 7:05 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hello!

You are at a good place for meeting new friends and getting support.  We are all here for you!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

syndieesc
on 12/12/13 10:53 pm

Hello, I'm just starting off as well!

I have my first visit with the surgeon on January 3rd!! So keep me up dated on your progress!!

Meintraining
on 12/12/13 11:02 pm

I just joined this site today. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 28th. I too would love to meet others to share in this journey. I'm thinking this might be a good place to come when experiencing the after surgery remorse. I'm trying to think of ideas now to help with the post op stage that I'm hearing so much about. It scares me the most. I'm not sure how to add friends to my page as I am just now getting on here and familiarizing myself with the site.  Please feel free to add me and I'll do the same. 

Kathy_B.
on 12/13/13 12:52 pm - Escondido, CA

I'm also pretty new.  I'm doing my surgery through Kaiser and Pacific Bariatric.  I've done the orientation, lab work and will be meeting with one of the doctors on Tuesday.  I'll add you and anyone feel free to add me as well.  The more friends to go through this together the merrier ;-)

Live2lose1971
on 12/13/13 1:19 pm

I am new too!  January 6th is my surgery day! Vertical sleeve.  Today I did the upper GI-normal,  EKG-normal, chest X-ray-normal.  They drew blood?? Results... 

I spent three hours at the psycjhiatric evaluation.  Only 20 minutes with the doctor... Thr other time was spent answering a 500+ scantron type test....  Got my loan and paid for the surgery.  Bought some protein shakes...I have tried several.  Still lookingbforbthe right vitamins ! Welcome to the group!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/14/13 11:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Hi and welcome! I had my surgery on Tuesday and more friends are always welcome!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Cunning_Pam
on 12/14/13 2:54 pm
RNY on 12/18/13
Welcome everyone! I'm fairly new to posting here, although I did lurk for quite a while beforehand. I think it's a great place for support for those times when things are tough, for celebration when things go well, and for offering help and advice when you can. I'm having my surgery next week so I dont have much experience to offer, but I'm trying to be a good cheerleader, so send me a friend request if you like.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Aquafinaflo
on 12/15/13 10:47 pm
VSG on 02/18/14

i am also new and looking for friends to go threw my journey with an learn from some of the vets. waiting for pysc eval and approval

Most Active