Snack?

StacyJ294
on 12/16/13 11:34 am - Canada

I start reg foods tomorrow and I'm really trying to keep things high protein. Just curious what everyone's fav snacks are?? 

TurnThePage
on 12/16/13 12:25 pm

String cheese

poet_kelly
on 12/16/13 4:23 pm - OH

Greek yogurt, fruit, protein shakes, protein bars, cheese, roasted chickpeas.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/16/13 9:46 pm - OH

Greek yogurt, cheese of all types (except the fake "no fat" cheese... if it has no fat, it isn't cheese!), almonds or cashews, and spicy pork jerky.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tracy D.
on 12/16/13 10:20 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

string cheese, beef or turkey jerky from Trader Joe's, plain greek yogurt spiked with 1 T. sugar-free jam, turkey sausage bites, almonds (rare), 1/2 apple with 1 T. natural peanut butter (rare), spinach/kale greek yogurt dip from Trader Joe's with cucumber slices, hard-boiled eggs, egg bites from theworldaccordingtoeggface.com  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

PetHairMagnet
on 12/17/13 2:01 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Boiled shrimp and crab are #1 for me, for sure!

My husband LOVES jerky, I just cannot tolerate it yet and will try when I hit one year. After that, I might not try again if it does not sit well with me. I need more sodium in my diet, so it would be ideal for that!

My husband and I both like Quest bars and will split one for a snack or eat a whole one for a meal if needed.

BabyBel cheese, string cheese and 10 salt and vinegar almonds are all favorite snacks, too. I enjoy the heck out of those 10 almonds and take about 20 minutes to eat them. I enjoy and get more taste and satisfaction from one nut than I used to from a handful of chomped and swallowed almonds!

Greek yogurt is another that is excellent and well tolerated. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

southbay311
on 12/18/13 6:15 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

a small piece of meat, chicken or ham worked best for me...no bread just the slice of meat.  Sugar free pudding was also good as a sweet snack

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active