First Soft Foods

theamazingtif
on 3/7/14 6:05 am - Rockwall, TX

It's about time for me to start trying soft foods. Which ones should I try first??  I tried a spoon of refried beans bad that didn't go well

Member Services
on 3/7/14 7:05 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery!  Here is a link to a search we did for you on soft foods.  Read the different posts and we are sure you are going to get some great suggestions.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=soft+f oods&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

theamazingtif
on 3/7/14 1:06 pm - Rockwall, TX

Thank you!!!  I tried the super soft scrambled eggs  and could feel them sitting in my sleeve all night.  I think maybe im not quite ready after all

mkvand
on 3/7/14 6:21 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I started with yogurt.  Some diets consider it as a full liquid, but for me it was a soft food, and it helped me transition.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Eggface
on 3/8/14 5:32 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Scrambled eggs are notorious for sticking like little rubber balls why Dr's have them on the eating list so soon is beyond me but if something doesn't work out at first don't fear its gone forever... try again in a few weeks it usually works out. Refried Beans worked well for me (loosen them up with broth), yogurt (added herbs and a dab of pesto for a savory taste or SF Torani syrups for sweet) and Baked Ricotta, first veggies were overcooked carrots and steamed zucchini.

Hope all goes well! Congratulations on your new healthier life!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

theamazingtif
on 3/8/14 7:03 am - Rockwall, TX

Thanks Shelly!  I grabbed several of the soft food you suggested on your site. I was seriously considering Baked Ricotta last night. I chose eggs thinking it would be smoother. Not so much. I had 1/2 a Greek yogurt w/fruit earlier. That went ok. Sounds like Ricotta for dinner tonight!!!

KellyH67
on 3/8/14 11:46 am - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

The PA said that people do have issues with scrambled eggs early on, but to try maybe a soft boiled egg or fried egg (with Pam).  BINGO! The soft boiled egg was delicious.  Today, I had half a bowl of Chick Fil A chicken noodle soup.  OMG it was good.  It's a thicker soup and everything in it is extremely mushy…even the chicken.  I had a fried egg for dinner with a bit of low fat shredded cheese.  I could only eat half.  But it didn't really stick too much.

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

theamazingtif
on 3/8/14 12:14 pm - Rockwall, TX

Yea it was just too soon for the scrambled eggs. Try again in a couple of days. I tried Eggface's Baked Ricotta. It went down much easier. I made sure to go slow and stop before I felt full. I'm gonna try some sf pudding later and see how it goes

Most Active