Here's where to start

shoutjoy
on 7/1/14 10:35 pm - Culpeper, VA

“You want to get in shape, but when you think about how long it's going to take it's overwhelming. Here's where to start:”

Start by starting. Yes, it is going to take time. You didn't get out of shape overnight so why do you think the reverse is a quick fix? As they say, the elevator to success is out of order: you'll have to use the stairs, one step at a time. Instead of focusing on how much time it will take, and that you won't be at your goal even several months down the road, imagine how you'll feel at that point. The future is going to come no matter what we do. Would you rather be on the way to your goals, proud and motivated by how far you've come, or still standing on square one waiting to take the first step?

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kathie1212
on 7/2/14 1:55 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

Fantastic! I was and am a little frustrated by how long the process to get the surgery is taking! I got referred last August and orientation in February. first appointment October 6. I'm taking loads of little steps in the mean time every week telling myself I cam work towards this date and be in better shape physically spiritually and emotionally by next week or not as the time will pass either way!!

first step was eat breakfast each day stop skipping meals! 

went from a pot of coffee a day to barley a cup 

got didn't drinks down to  a couple a week as opposed to several a day exercise  several days a week

taking multi vitamins each day

water water and more water!!!

we have had pre prepared food 3x in past 3 months as I took over shopping and cooking meals!( this was a giant step) 

im not sure what I'll add or subtract next but each week it's another baby step  each week towards  My surgery I really want this so bad!!! But I'm terrified like so many other weight loss things it won't work!

trying to set myself up to win thanks for the encouraging words

kathie

shoutjoy
on 7/6/14 9:31 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi Kathie,

It is very normal to feel apprehension.  This is a huge step.  You are doing some good prep steps.  Many people fail to realize that surgery is only a tool.  They still have to learn portion control, healthy choices, nutrition, and learn coping skills.  It is a total body healing experience.  We didn't one day just decide to get fat.  There were situations, issues or other triggers that put us on that path.  Learning to deal with these real life issues post surgery is the key.  Yes, there is a possibility of failed surgery.  We think we chose the right one for us.  We trust our surgeon to do a bang up job.  It's never just black and white. 

Anyway, hang in there and keep us posted.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

kathie1212
on 7/2/14 1:57 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

that should have read carbonated drinks! lol

Most Active