Tummy Tuck with lipo...5 days off work?!?!

Rianne D.
on 1/15/15 2:55 am - MO

Okay ya'll!  First off, HELLO!!  I haven't been on this website in years (since my surgery practically)....but I am ready to begin my plastic surgery journey.  I went for my first consultation yesterday at UT Southwestern Resident Clinic in Dallas.  They don't combine procedures.  So my first choice of a procedure is a tummy tuck with lipo.  The resident said I'll only need 5 days off work (unless I have complications)....this seems like...very little....  I do have a high tolerance for pain, I started nursing school 3 weeks post RNY.  But...this worries me!  At the resident clinic, my tt with lipo should be $5700 and that includes 1 overnight stay.

Did you have the procedure?  How much was it?  How much time off work did you take?  How bad was the pain?

Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
emelar
on 1/15/15 4:25 am - TX

If you have any muscle repair done, 5 days is nowhere near enough.  Even if it's just skin removal and lipo, 5 days is overly optimistic.  I'd say a bare minimum of 2 weeks with no muscle repair.  Expect 3-4 weeks with muscle repair.

Rianne D.
on 1/15/15 5:22 am - MO

I was shocked when she said only five days!!

Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/15/15 6:13 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I had a lower body lift whi*****ludes a TT with major muscle tightening and hernia repair (in my case), outer thigh lift and butt lift. I was good to go after 10 days and went back to work after two weeks on a 50% basis much to the dismay of my surgeon. He wanted me off for a full month. Five days is just crazy short.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

kathkeb
on 1/15/15 6:24 am

I had a Tummy Tuck/no Lipo/Mons lift (hip to hip incision) -- no overnight stay ---- on a Thursday.

I had a wound check on Friday --- no drains, flat tummy, tears of joy

I rested all weekend, all week -- had a second follow up appointment the next Friday (8 days post op) was released to go back to work.

I do desk work from home--- I needed pain meds to sleep for the first week, I could have been working during the day after 5 days -- but probably would have needed a mid-day nap.

I paid 6,500.00 and love my results!!

Kath

Rianne D.
on 1/15/15 7:10 am - MO

I am a nurse on a busy ICU unit. Thats why I'm worried. 

kathkeb
on 1/15/15 7:20 am

That sounds like way too short a timeframe, then.

Do you expect to have drains?   I had a drain-less procedure (he uses post-tension suturing that eliminates the need) --- but most people with drains do not even have them removed by 5 days post op.

Even if he expects you to have a weekend in there --- so back to work at day 8 or so, that is very optimistic, given your line of work.

Like I said, I sit with a laptop -- either at a desk or in my recliner --- and can nap throughout the day, if I need to --- and I went back to work at 10 days post op

Kath

Rianne D.
on 1/15/15 8:05 am - MO

She said I will have two drains for 1-3 weeks. Depending on my drainage amount.  I emailed her and asked for confirmation on how long she said off work. 

Chilipepper
on 1/15/15 8:46 am

I think you should plan on longer if you can take the time.  If you have the drains up to 3 weeks that is what I would at least plan on.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

happyteacher
on 1/18/15 11:10 am

My drains were in almost 4 weeks-

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active