Please tell me this is normal HELP!'

NikkyBeauty
on 3/16/15 11:24 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

About 10 mins ago I was bending over to tie my shoes and a hear this loud pop noise! I immediately jump up and grab my large incision because that's where I felt it at, it felt like it had burst open or something it's fully healed though.  so I sit down and stand again and I notice that the incision is no longer dented in now I'm having a full on panic attack shaking trying to dial my surgeons number just to be told when we contact him he will call you! I'm over hear scared to death that I busted something I'm about to call an ambulance. I'm not having any pain or nothing abnormal I'm waiting on the surgeon to call please tells me if I should go to the ER or is that suppose to happen or has it happened to you!!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Poodlemac
on 3/16/15 11:30 am
RNY on 09/26/14

You're fine!  Calm down. I had the same thing happen- minus losing the dent. I had a sharp pain in that spot while at the grocery store- so sharp I screamed and almost fell on the floor. I was absolutely ok, but scared. It happened a couple more times but none recently. It's all just part of healing. I'm sure you're fine!  Speak to the doc when he calls you back, but I think it's all good!

NikkyBeauty
on 3/16/15 11:48 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Ok thanks wheeeewwwww..., *wipes forehead* just talked to the surgeon was told it's the stitch desolving! Man that was scary and hey I'm new to this lol! 

Poodlemac
on 3/16/15 11:52 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Agreed!  I thought I was dying!  I was sure I'd sprung a leak or something!!

NikkyBeauty
on 3/16/15 11:56 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I was certain my incision had burst or something inside did! I've never dialed so many wrong digits trying to call the surgeon in my life lol!!

NikkyBeauty
on 3/16/15 11:52 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Ok I'm going to leave this up for any new vsg'ers just in case it happens to you, keep calm and don't panic lol after 3-4 weeks the stich the surgeon puts in the large incision starts to desolate and you might hear a loud popping noise again DONT PANIC! As long as there is no nausea,vomiting or uncontrollable pain your ok!! 

Willie H.
on 3/17/15 6:14 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I never experienced that "popping" sound- that WOULD be SCARY!!! Glad every thing ok-good to give a shout out to the newer ones. After awhile the incision will itch a lot and needs to be scratched but I guess those are signs it is healing!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Kathy S.
on 3/16/15 12:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are so glad to hear everything is ok. As you said Whew!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/16/15 1:59 pm

I had something similar happen a long time ago with an abdominal surgery and I was really unnerved by it too.  Glad it wasn't anything serious.  Our bodies are amazing and will do all they can to heal.  We just need to let them and that's the hardest part, giving them the time to heal.   

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Eggface
on 3/16/15 7:35 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Plastics are even worse... random, out of the blue pains like someone knifed you... lots of nerve endings involved. I can deal with constant, nagging pain but those random catch you off guard ones are the worst.

Hope all is well,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active