Insurance Authorizathion

mariapizarro8
on 6/24/15 9:47 am

I am currently waiting on approval from the insurance company to have my surgery.Have gone through all of the pre op testing,bloodwork

even did treatment for h pylori infection now it's up to the insurance company it has been a week already and still no word hopefully it will 

be approved.I am currently 356lbs and 5'9 height.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/24/15 10:36 am
RNY on 08/05/19

From what others have posted, 2 weeks seems to be the average wait for insurance review.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Tracy D.
on 6/24/15 12:09 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had BCBS out of Iowa and then my hubby had BCBS of NE.  For each of us it took about 2-3 weeks to hear back.  Good luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mariapizarro8
on 6/24/15 1:02 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Doingrightin2015
on 6/25/15 2:10 am
RNY on 03/10/15

You can always call your insurance company to check on the progress. That is what I did. The girl at the doctors office took longer to submit it than it did for my company to approve it. I know it is nerve racking to have to wait and see. Looks like you will probably be approved without problem...it's just not knowing and wanting it to hurry up that is the killer.

Hang in there. You will be on the losing bench very soon.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

SandieMc49
on 6/25/15 5:27 am

Call the insurance company and ask them if there's a decision.  I work in health insurance - we're regular people just like you!  We don't mind members contacting us.  You can share that you're anxious and excited to find out.  The decision may have already been made and the paperwork just hasn't caught up yet.

Pick up the phone and call.  My fingers are crossed for ya!

Sandie

mariapizarro8
on 6/25/15 6:23 am

Thank You So,so very much I just called and yaaayyyy it was indeed approved I am so excited I don't know how to feel right now.Kind of excited and scared at the same time.

Most Active