How often do you get stalls?

Mathew M.
on 8/14/15 8:37 am

I am at exactly 8 weeks out and have hit my second stall and it seems relentless.  I hit a 3 week stall fittingly at exactly 3 weeks and it lasted about a week.  I then started dropping again for a couple of weeks, but stalled again.  I have not dropped an ounce in 10 days.  Soooooooo frustrating.  I can't be what I am eating.  I log every single morsel that passes my lips on myfitnesspal.  I recently, upon the advice of my nutritionist, upped my daily caloric intake.  But by "upping" I mean I have increased from about 650-700 per day to 800 (I added some fruit and nuts to my diet). 

Experts out there...can I expect one of these every few weeks?  I sort of understand the science of it, but my head just can't wrap around how it is possible for me to go on 800 calories a day, exercise regularly, and not lose a single ounce in 10 days.

Advice?  Encouragement?  Someone call me a waaaambulance.

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/14/15 9:11 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Ditch the fruit and go with protein. We should be keeping carbs as low as possible, even from "healthy" things like fruit. Switch to yogurt, string cheese, lunchmeat, whatever.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mathew M.
on 8/14/15 9:37 am

when I say added fruit I mean just enough to help my performance in the small room, if you know what I mean...my total daily carbs are still below 50g.  It is not the fruit that caused the stall. 

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

White Dove
on 8/14/15 2:40 pm - Warren, OH

I use fiber capsules for that and avoid fruit.  Have you considered going Atkins induction phase 1.  That is between 18-22 carbs a day.  No more, no less.   It will always make me drop weight and it is easy to do now that there are Atkins frozen meals.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYMom222
on 8/14/15 8:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I stalled for 3 1/2 weeks the first month and 2 weeks during the third month. I have had many weeks here and there that I didn't lose the further I got out, but in the first 6 months those were the major ones. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

MsBatt
on 8/16/15 4:43 pm

I NEVER experienced a stall! Want to know my secret?

I DID NOT OWN A SCALE, AND ONLY WEIGHED AT MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE.

Weighing daily doesn't affect how fast you lose weight, just how you feel about it. The longer you can go between weigh-ins the better.

Most Active