halfway there but STRESSING

icej2003
on 1/13/16 6:15 pm - Belleville, IL
RNY on 08/03/16

I started my WLS process in December by attending the first seminar...it is now January 13 and I am almost done with all the requirements...I have seen the Nutritionist, Physical Therapy, seen the nurse Practitioner  , completed all lab work, mandatory video, all that is left for me to do is complete the Psychological assessment...which I have an appointment on Friday 1/15...and attend a Q&A session. I also have to do a mandatory 6 month MSWL for insurance company....I am so Close but just stressed that I'm doing all these test, assessments, paying out of pocket for some visits....and what if I don't get approved I would just be heartbroken...Did anyone else feel this way??

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/13/16 6:39 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I think we all felt this way.  I know it's hard, but use the next six months to really learn about yourself, to research and to establish a good relationship with your support system for success.  It will pass soon --- and if your insurance covers WLS, have faith that it will be approved.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/16 8:49 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You've made it this far, you'll do fine. We all get nervous, in different ways, as we aproached surgery. You'll barely remember this after a while.

As Kat said, use your time to get ready for your new life. It will all be worth it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Heather P.
on 1/14/16 5:28 am

I am right there with you!  I am just completing my 6 months of nutritional appointments (all paid for out of pocket) and now I see the surgeon next week.  They will then submit to my insurance for approval.  I am SCARED TO DEATH that it won't be approved for some reason.  I am on pins and needles every day, I am crabby and moody.  I have no advice for you but I know your pain!  Hang in there 

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/16 1:13 pm

I went through the whole process only to have my insurance company deny me because my 5 year BMI was 34.95 and not 35. Can you believe that? Now I'm either going to have to wait another year or self pay.  I'm considering going to Mexico but the thought of going out of the country really scares me!

mute
on 1/15/16 1:29 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm really confident that almost everyone felt this way. I know I did. The 2 weeks before my surgery I was so sure something would happen and it would get canceled - I was an insane ball of stress.  It sounds like you're the same. But look at all of those things you can check off your list! And actually - do that - CHECK them off a list, that always makes me feel so accomplished! I could actually see what I got done on the list towards what I needed to get done, it might make you feel a little better, I know it sounds super simple. I hope it helps.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active