Holiday Season is Approaching - Time for Me (and maybe you) to reactivate your inner...

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/5/16 4:16 am, edited 11/5/16 4:17 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I indulged in half a bag of small kitkats over the past two weeks.  Like, WTF - since when did Halloween go on for two weeks - no damage but I am back on the wagon.

I was clearing out old email and found this clip of Al Roker - a WLS hero of mine (as are many of you) being served a humongous desert and then just staring at the thing while others at it.  Way to show how it's done.

http://www.today.com/food/crazy-dessert-alert-here-s-how-mak e-over-top-milkshake-t67871

Sharon

NYMom222
on 11/5/16 6:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I call this "The four horses of the eating Apocolypse"

Halloween-Thanksgiving- Christmas- New Years

There was an article in the NY Times a few weeks ago saying this is the lowest weight you will be all year. The weight gained over the holidays takes 6 or so months to get off and then we start all over again. Scary thoughts.

I seem to have a lot of awards dinners to go to lately. At one recently they served a huge piece of cake. I wouldn't let them put it in front of me. The woman sitting next to me- who knows I had WLS- Says "You have so much willpower" I just said 'I don't really like cake' Which is kinda true- at least not that kind...but wanted to make it a non issue.

'I don't like something' is a perfectly acceptable explanation, we don't have to justify ourselves, and I keep reminding myself of what I say to others- "Everyday can't be a celebration".

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/8/16 4:28 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Everyday can't be a celebration with food.  The gremlin in me still wants to party everyday - just not with food.

A Marine friend of mine once said to me "The best way to resist temptation is to avoid it." I always thought he had willpower of iron - so if this saying was good for him, I adopted it also. 

I think the AA version is " If you don't want to fall, stay out of slippery places." 

I like the "I don't really it cake" - it helps to keep choc cake in its rightful place, not imbued with some magical power to make all our troubles go away.

Sharon

Donna L.
on 11/5/16 6:54 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Ha, I love the look on his face in the preview.  He's like, "really?"

Sadly, I have discovered I cannot do one bites of things especially if I am exhausted or stressed.  It never stops at one.  I could never have "just a bite" of the milkshake.  I'd just have to stare at it, too.  It's the hardest thing I've ever done, too.  I must be super vigilant this holiday season because I have two jobs now and a bunch of projects. 

I must be super vigilant this holiday season because I have two jobs now and a bunch of projects. Instead of eating, I am rewarding myself by fixing up my apartment.  I am putting money into it instead of into food, to make a relaxing haven for me when I am actually home.  When I am tempted to eat during the holidays I will remind myself of this.

One thing that helps is to occupy my hands with something.  I think self-stimulation is a big reason I eat.  I notice if I can keep my hands busy it helps a lot.  Guess everyone is getting a scarf for Christmas, lol.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

The Salty Hag
on 11/5/16 9:05 am
RNY on 05/20/13
On November 5, 2016 at 11:16 AM Pacific Time, Sharon0055 wrote:

I indulged in half a bag of small kitkats over the past two weeks.  Like, WTF - since when did Halloween go on for two weeks - no damage but I am back on the wagon.

I was clearing out old email and found this clip of Al Roker - a WLS hero of mine (as are many of you) being served a humongous desert and then just staring at the thing while others at it.  Way to show how it's done.

http://www.today.com/food/crazy-dessert-alert-here-s-how-mak e-over-top-milkshake-t67871

Haha, I watched that when it aired live! I'm sure we've all gotten that same look on our faces at one point or another when faced with a similar situation. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active