Help

free4ever
on 9/30/20 4:56 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

feeling discouraged. I need strength, and courage and wisdom to figure out a way to lose this weight regain. I appreciate any suggestions or ideas.. I have a heart condition and I have limitations physically but I know this weight must go..

Kellie

Janet P.
on 10/1/20 6:57 am

What are you eating? I always suggest that you track your eating for one week and generally you'll find your answer. Are you drinking enough? I can't necessarily give you eating advice (we had completely different surgeries) but usually the answer is "go back to basics".

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

TJFox
on 10/1/20 8:08 am

Hang in there! I know it is so very hard. I wish I had some magical words of wisdom to offer. Finding support and friends I could count on to hold me accountable was important in my weight loss journey.

White Dove
on 10/1/20 8:12 am - Warren, OH

I do water exercise because it is easiest on my joints. But this year, I am afraid to be in a heated pool with other people so won't do that. I just ordered a recumbent bike. I plan to use it with the iFit program to keep from being so bored.

I belong to Weigh****chers and track my food and weight with their online program. I am on this site everyday. We have a daily thread on the RNY board. You can see what others are eating and get ideas for what you need to do.

I will celebrate my 13th surgery anniversary this month. I have had several times when I have regained, then worked hard and lost the regain again. I do not tell myself that I had a lifestyle change, I tell myself that I am on a diet and will have to be on a diet for the rest of my life.

Once I figured that out and accepted it, then I found it much easier to do the work needed to lose regain and to maintain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 10/1/20 2:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM Pacific Time, free4ever wrote:

feeling discouraged. I need strength, and courage and wisdom to figure out a way to lose this weight regain. I appreciate any suggestions or ideas.. I have a heart condition and I have limitations physically but I know this weight must go..

weigh and measure everything.

cut the carbs, cold turkey.

don't drink with meals.

do drink 64+ounces of sf liquid every day.

drop your calories to 600-800 a day

eat more protein than anything

dont eat protein bars... glorified candy bars.

don't worry about exercise. I lost 122# and have maintained the loss for 10 years doing NO exercise at all. It is about what and how much you put in your mouth

good luck!

RhinaMK
on 10/2/20 10:30 am

I haven't really been one for exercising. Start Logging your meals/whatever you put into your mouth and measure it before it goes on your plate. Maybe talk to your support group or someone in your doctors office for some guidance?

free4ever
on 10/2/20 12:04 pm - Elizabeth City, NC

I would love to find a support group but there are no groups in my area

Kellie

Most Active