Hitting a Rock Bottom / wake up call

ccrensh1
on 4/17/22 11:57 am

I think I've hit my rock bottom with my weight and the life I'm living...at 31, I'm slowly killing my self with food and that's shaken me.

My recent ER visits with cardiac / stroke concerns have really shaken me. They've been wake up calls, honestly.

Just last night I was back in the ER with a diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism so now I'm on blood thinners on top of my already lengthy medication regime for all of my illnesses. At arrival to the ER my BP was 178/108 and a heart rate of 137. This is with anti hypertensive / arrhythmic meds already on board.

I can barely walk without getting totally winded, constantly in pain, labs getting worse and worse...it's time for change.

Alexpope
on 4/18/22 6:38 am
RNY on 10/21/20

I was in the same shape before I had my surgery and i can't tell you how much this has changed my life. I was super morbidly obese and I had several health issues including high blood pressure and fluid retention in my lower legs along with many more issues. I was in the hospital about 6 times before I finally realized I had to do something and doing on my own was going to be discouraging and hard. I am not saying this surgery is easy, I am saying that I needed this tool to help me succeed and have long term success. Don't let too much time go by before you set your mind to this. You will find some awesome people here that are always willing to answer questions or share their experiences so don't feel like you are alone you may be at the beginning of your journey but there are plenty of people here who will cheer you on this road to better lifestyle.

Tidgel
on 4/18/22 6:58 am
RNY on 04/15/19

You sure have been going through a lot. Time for a change and you can make it happen! You deserve to be healthy and live life to the fullest. It took me a long time to get to a place where I asked for help and even considered weight loss surgery. But I am sure glad I made the decision and moved forward.

ccrensh1
on 4/18/22 9:34 am

I am ready to make a change. This has gotten me to a really dark place and I need the help.

TJFox
on 4/18/22 6:41 pm

It's time to take care of YOU and realize you don't have to continue on the path you are on. I hit my own rock bottom and there is hope and help all around you.Reaching out here and sharing your thoughts is a good first step.

ccrensh1
on 4/18/22 9:13 pm

Thank you. I can do this...I can make a change for myself for a healthier life.

Bob L.
on 4/22/22 6:53 pm - Clarksville, TN

I would like to give you a little advise in order to be successful. Educate yourself on every aspect of this journey! Find out why you've over ate through out the years. When we don't we just have a chance of trading off one addiction for another. While many hate the phrase "Oh you took the easy way out!"!! big damn deal!!! For me it was the easy way out! The surgery its self was easier than the flu. The hardest part was the first few months, I had a stricture and that was it! Now I'm not saying others had it as well. The best thing you can do is hold on to the thought if you don't do something you will DIE!!! Fear is a great motivator! I hope this gives you another prospective. I'll leave you with this. The day I left the hospital I left without any medication even my insulin!

w

Butterfly4579
on 4/23/22 4:23 pm - Pawtucket, RI

Hi I hope you will be encouraged and inspired here. One thing I did learn in a program I was in is that you need to find your why. You need to know the nitty gritty truthful reason that you are making this change. Maybe it's this wake up call for you. Keep coming here and find help and encouragement. You've come too far to give up now and may you find success

Most Active