Recent Posts

wendygail
on 4/29/24 7:11 am - Live Oak, FL
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships
WLS may/can cause problems in any relationship especially, marriage. With that being said, it takes a lot of work on from both sides to keep that relationship good. I have found myself on both sides of the fence (both husband and I have had WLS). And it's not a good place to be.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
wendygail
on 4/29/24 6:49 am - Live Oak, FL
Topic: RE: Slim For the Summer (2024)
I'm trying myself to get a little slimmer for summer, 2024. I've got 7 stubborn pounds to get off, to get to my mini goal by June 1st.
I'm gonna be upping my protein and veggie intake. And keep a very close eye on the carbs and pesky "slider "foods.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
ToriWar
on 4/24/24 5:02 pm
Topic: Low wbc after gastric sleeve surgery

I had gastric sleeve surgery 10/25/2023. My white blood cell count went down to 5.4 in November. Late February it was 4.4 . Now it is April and it is 3.9. My primary care is concerned so i was referred to a hematologist cancer center. Has anyone else had this issue ?

starladustangel
on 4/15/24 9:59 pm - WA
Revision on 07/13/21
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass hypoglycemia

Had revision from vsg to bypass almost 3 years ago for GERD and am experiencing reactive hypoglycemia and rapid gastric emptying no matter what I eat. It's led to regain from 143 to 163 since my revision. Even after a meal of dense protein like chicken my pouch is empty super quick, my blood sugar plummets to below 50 and I need to eat again. My insurance approved Wegovy with BMI 27.5 because of this so hopefully it helps. I expected issues if I ate simple carbs or sugar but it's everything and I never feel full even if my blood sugar doesn't drop.

clairenew
on 4/13/24 7:35 am, edited 4/1/24 8:33 pm
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships

Sounds interesting! WLS (bariatric surgery) can truly have a significant impact on various aspects of a person's life, including social relationships. In college, I was asked to read something, so I found an annotated bibliography writing service, I use https://ca.edubirdie.com/annotated-bibliography-writing-serv ice for this. It's simply unbearable; on the first page I'm already falling asleep. But I could read magazines like this for days. There are really interesting facts written there.

Melaya
on 4/13/24 6:52 am
Topic: Slim For the Summer (2024)

Hi everyone!

I would like to get slimmer for Summer 2024. I have 5 lbs. to lose, to get lower than a BMI of 30 (advised by my Doctor). I will eat small meals only. I will take my medicine.

Who else is trying to get slimmer for the summer?

MsNikki318
on 4/7/24 6:53 am - Bastrop, LA, LA
VSG on 10/28/16
Topic: RE: Adhesions and Scar tissue

Sorry to hear that. I've heard that some folks find relief through things like gentle stretching exercises, massage therapy, or even acupuncture.

Lisafuzz
on 3/30/24 12:37 pm
Topic: RE: Sjogren's syndrome and surgery

Hello: I too have Sjögren's syndrome and am very curious to how you have gotten along after Bariatric surgery?

Helsey
on 3/25/24 11:25 am, edited 3/25/24 4:26 am
Topic: RE: A Vibrating Weight-Loss Pill ?

I think it depends how you take it!

Batwingsman
on 3/21/24 2:33 pm, edited 3/21/24 2:35 pm - Garland, TX
Topic: Dozens of Lawsuits Filed Over Weight Loss Drug Ozempic

A sad, but predictable, follow up to my post last July about the horrible side effects some patients were experiencing as a result of using the medication, inc. "gastroparesis" (stomach paralysis) ..

https://www.aol.com/dozens-sue-saying-ozempic-other-15494724 4.html

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active