GRANDMAr’s Posts

GRANDMAr
on 1/1/24 2:36 pm
Topic: RE: WEIGHT GAIN AND GRIEF

Thank you! I'm going to try it out.

I used to love the cabbage soup.

I made it, too.

Besides the cabbage, I put in lots and lots of veggies!

Thx again,

Ronnie

GRANDMAr
on 1/1/24 8:37 am

tHANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION.

WHAT IS THE SITE??

THX

RONNIE

GRANDMAr
on 8/28/23 1:56 pm

Thank you!

I am also sorry for your loss!!

Would you please tell me about 'Intuitive Eating'?

GRANDMAr
on 8/27/23 2:56 pm

Thanks for the input. I've had no choice but to reinvent my life. I worked hard to lose the weight and I intend to lose it again!

GRANDMAr
on 8/24/23 1:10 pm

Thanks for the input. I am very interested.

Ronnie

GRANDMAr
on 8/24/23 7:34 am

Thank you very much!!!

GRANDMAr
on 8/22/23 2:18 am

Hi

Thank you for sharing. The more I think about it, the more I am thinking WW might be the way to go.

Ronnie

GRANDMAr
on 8/21/23 7:56 pm
GRANDMAr
on 8/21/23 12:36 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your response. I am so sorry for your loss, too.

Before surgery, I was put on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. After surgery, it was another 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks soft, then slowly adding different foods.

When I was back on food, it was 4 oz. protein with each meal and veggies or one fruit. I cannot remember exactly, but I think that is right. Of course, there was also the protein shakes. It was so easy after the surgery because I was never hungry. I remember trying to get just 1 egg eaten.

I could go back to the dietitian, but they are way too far to get too. I've even thought about getting another surgery and get the bi-pass. Since the WLS, I've had several surgeries and now I am also disabled. Walking is very difficult as is exercising and using my arms. I just had a shoulder replacement.

I'm a mess, but I worked so hard to lose the weight and my husband sacrificed a lot for me to do it. He took care of me and was great about not going out to dinner until I was ready. You know us retired folks, we love to eat out!

Anyway, I wake up each day and say it will be today that I do what I need to do.

How are you doing????

Ronnie

GRANDMAr
on 8/21/23 9:40 am

I was sleeved in 2016. I lost 90 lbs. I gained 10 and maintained it until 1 year ago. July 2022, my husband of 48nyears got sick, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer and died 1 week later.

When he was in the hospital and after his death, all I could get down was comfort food.....Pretzels, potatoes, bread, pasta, etc.

I've gained about 25 lbs. I am so pissed at myself. I can't seem to get back on program. I am taking Ozempic, now, and even that isn't helping.

I could use any and all advice!

Thx

GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:13 am
Topic: RE: More weight obsessed after weight loss

Hi!

First, let me congratulate you on your success.

I think because we were so overweight, we thought, in our minds, that a certain weight would be the best.

Yet the more you lose, the more you want to lose, even if you were never that weight before or if you were, it was so long ago.

Obesity IS and eating disorder, so to substitute one with another is not so unusual.

However, if you have become so obsessed and it is all consuming, getting some therapy by a person who specializes in eating disorders might be a good idea.

Good luck with your journey!

GRANDMAr
on 4/19/21 9:09 am
Topic: RE: pre surgery opt out?

Hi!

I went through all the prior pre-op processes and opted out about a week or two before surgery.

I lost a good amount of weight during the process and figured that if I continued, I'd be able to do it on my own.

I really don't know why I thought that since I gained and lost the same 25 lbs. a million times.

I was right, I couldn't do it.

I wound up going for the surgery about 3 years later and couldn't be happier!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Most Active