Manhattanite’s Posts

Manhattanite
on 12/3/23 8:07 am
Topic: RE: Count your Calories!!!!!

The holiday season is a time of year it's SO easy to gain ( or regain ) unwanted weight. Between the long dark cold days that make it harder to exercise , the layers of body- hiding clothes ,and tasty, seasonal food offerings and parties .... lol .

Over the last twelve years since my RNY I've found a few things to be helpful :

1) I try to eat soup first - it's very filling, warming and relatively low calorie.

2) I'll drink hot tea or coffee and THEN have a few bites of exactly what I'm craving. I find I get full faster this way .

3) I try to socialize away from the buffet lol ! Unfortunately in some parties the catered food comes to You ...keeping a dainty two or three and no more appetizers on the plate helps too :)

4) Wearing cute clothes that show your hot new body off is always a good distraction as is meeting new people :)

Wishing everyone a great holiday !

Manhattanite
on 11/18/23 8:22 am
Topic: RE: Drinking Our Calories

My husband was addicted to Starbucks extra strong coffee /espresso shot drinks.

Just read the calorie counts of the various offerings if they post them in your state .... Mostly four hundred range but often with extras can be 900 !

To me, that's a meal....

Manhattanite
on 11/15/23 7:12 am
Topic: RE: Drinking Our Calories

I purchased a healthy appearing kale based green juice drink at Starbucks this morning- then read the label .

37 carbs ! As opposed to a zero fat light n fit yogurt - 90 calories, 19 carbs and 3 grams protein.

I could eat two yogurts for the same "cost " as that ( pretty nasty tasting) drink and I'm getting actual tasty FOOD lol .

I do notice that many of the calorie counts for Starbucks type coffee ( and other) drinks are shockingly huge .

Kinda like drinking a milkshake - a real slider food.

The folks that frequent Starbucks aren't a bunch of lightweights either on average.

Most Active