Big If's.....

DivaGal
on 2/14/07 11:18 pm - Cape Cod, MA
I'm posting on several boards to get as much response as possible- Thanks! Hi everyone,  It's been on my mind for a while and I ahve decided to take action.  So,  I thought I'd put it out there, see what comes back and depending on the response, try to put together set of a comprehensive results.  Thanks in advance for your help ( and for not FLAMING me...:) ! If you had to take a "written" test to help you understand if you were prepared to deal with, take on, cope with WLS, would you take it?  What quetions would be on this test?   If there were a test to help you determine where you needed to improve your skills and habits in order to have a successful WLS,  what would be on it?   If there were a test you could take periodically to assess your strengths and weaknesses in your pre- and post-WLS progress, would you use it? What topics would it cover? if there were a workshop for your "circle of support" to take to help you on your journey, would you ask them to participate? Why or why not? Would this be a one shot deal  or a series of workshops? If there were a test  devised to suggest and/or assess which WLS would be most successful for you, would you take it?  What questions do you think should definitely be on it? If there were an assesment you could use to determine if your WLS medical team was a good fit for you, would you use it?  What questions would be on it?  What info would you "have" to know? How would you define WLS "success"? How would you define being "WLS-challenged"? Thanks again!!!!

Tara

Snickers T.
on 2/16/07 12:57 am - San Francisco Peninsula, CA
DivaGal
on 2/14/07 11:54 pm - Cape Cod, MA
ps Actually it is something for me personally-  I am not writing a paper or publishing anything-  just want to know if others think this might be a useful tool or approach to WLS.  The only thing I would do with the info is make a post of the results here on OH.  And if there is anything significant- I hope it can be helpful for others to see and find something maybe they weren't aware of or didn't think of.

Tara

ebony868
on 3/4/07 9:34 am - Chicago, IL

First I'm sorry you had to first thank us for not flaming you.  That implies you've experienced somethings on the boards you probably shouldn't have.  I am pre-op, but I am happy to answer your questions.

I would take the tests.  The questions I believe would include, but not be limited to:

1.  Map out your eating plan for the first 8 weeks post-op?

2.  What do you believe will happen if you do not follow your eating plan the first 8 weeks post-op?

3.  After the first 8 weeks what changes do you plan to make in your life to support your success?

4.  Is WLS a guarateed tool to lose the weight a keep it off?

5.  Is it likely that you may gain SOME weight back after reaching your goal and under what cir****tances might that occur?

6.  Why have you decided to have WLS? No, I would not ask my circle of support to attend.  It is a personal journey for me because I have depended on others before to help me lose weight.  When they disappeared or slacked off so did I.  This time I will do it with the support of those making the same journey. 1.  Yes I would take it.  The questions should assess your current eating habits and assess what has worked with weightloss in the past and what has caused the weight to be put back on.  Based on these assessments recommend the WLS for what works and what doesn't work for me. Not the WLS medical team, but the WLS support team, yes.

255/195/180
03/19/2007
Dr. Agos
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8486 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!