HELP - never feeling well

Tammy W.
on 3/12/08 10:43 pm - West River, MD

How do you know when your band has slipped and or errosion ??? I never feel well NEVER - I am restricted  my left side goes numb and tingles - often - more so around my menstraul  cycle.  I have passed out three times, had MRI, CT , blood work every month

Nothing they said everything is normal, does anyone have those kind of symtoms ?? I am thinking about having this band removed out of my body  please help  Tammy

MarieB
on 3/31/08 12:12 pm - CA
Are you talking about lap band, or the band they put on your new stomach now during the RNY procedure? Marie
Never squat with your spurs on.
Tammy W.
on 4/15/08 6:31 am - West River, MD
yes I am talking about the lap band - I wish I had gotten the RNY but its too late for that now.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 1:31 am
I would have it removed,something is obviously wrong in your body,even if the doctors say no. maybe your body id rejecting this foreign object you have put into it.
Nic M
on 8/17/08 9:34 am
Have you tried having the band completely unfilled for a period of time? Sometimes too tight of restriction can cause a lot of nerve type problems.

I never felt well when I had my band, either. It got to the point where I almost died, actually. That was when I had it removed. I never try to talk anyone out of getting the lapband, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone, either.

I'd talk to your doc about having the saline removed before you make a decision to remove the band completely. I never was able to tolerate having my band filled, though I tried many, many times, but I still had some restriction just from the band itself.

I ALWAYS had left shoulder area pain. It never went away ever. It was caused by diaphragmatic damage. Hopefully this isn't what you have.

Hope you feel better. If you need to talk, please feel free to contact me.

Nicci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8486 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views