Alcohol??

Grace loves cats
on 8/11/08 4:58 am - CA
I am 4 1/2 years out from RNY.  Has anybody turned to alcohol for a food replacement?  I have tried AA, but am still drinking.  I am gaining weight.  At 173, my goal was 150, amd I was at that, but am gaining.  Please help- any advice????

Grace loves cats

grammom
on 8/13/08 1:20 am - Baltimore, MD
grace im on my way to ryn and sweetie if you had it you know that you now are bypassed so your filtering is not there so alcohol is going to be bad for you if you are drinking alot, ceroisious or how ever you spell it is a gimme if you dont drink in moderation , try hypnosis for this it does work

Grace loves cats
on 8/13/08 12:00 pm - CA
Thank you- yes it is bad, and it does affect me worse post-op.    Best of luck to you.
G

grammom
on 8/13/08 10:23 pm - Baltimore, MD
Honey why are you purposely killing yourself? i really think you should seek some professional services if you need just to talk im here

Grace loves cats
on 8/14/08 2:57 am - CA
Thank you

Pat/Louise W.
on 1/7/09 3:02 am - Bradenton, FL
RNY on 03/18/04 with
Dear Grace:

I was looking through the posts to find one like yours, about alcoholism. I too have become an alcoholic since my surgery in 2004. I too have gone to AA. I relapsed and now am going again. I know of many other wls people who have become alcoholics and wish there was a way we could support each other. Have you found anything to help you?

Thank you,

Pat
circegabriella
on 3/14/09 3:57 pm - Whiting, NJ
Could use support as well. Can we help each other? Have you had any success finding things that can help?
KathyK22
on 2/1/09 7:52 am - pompano Beach, FL
hypnosis really works?
Grace loves cats
on 3/15/09 4:49 pm - CA
Thank you- I feel louey now when I drink.
Thanks

HeatherBlood
on 9/11/08 4:50 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi Grace,

I too have been having some issues with Alcohol.  I have chosen to talk it out with a counselor and my Dr.  They have been helpful in making me determine and see my "triggers" to drinking.  Maybe you could talk to your Dr and see if there is someone you could talk with about the addiction transfer.

Good luck,

HeatherB
327/320/172/209/185
Highest/Before surgery/lowest/Current/New Goal!
10 years out in June!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8486 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11027 views