Epic Failure-Huge weight gain

2fun 2quit
on 1/3/12 4:26 am - Saint Paul, MN
Coming back to OH after being gone for a few years!  Have totally lost myself over the past few years and have gained alot of weight.  I reached 170 and currently weigh in at 242 from a starting weight on surgery date 1/24/03 of 312. Many things have gone on over the past few years and I have been in MAJOR depression over the weight gain.  I openly admit, the bad thing is I never really worked this program and never learned all the tools I would hear and read about so I stayed in the dark most of the past 9 years (my anniversary is January 24th).  But good thing is I REFUSE to give up. I am at my bottom so I can't get any lower.  So the way I see it, I can only go up from here and get this weight off.  I have been lazy and none dedicated and had stopped trying.  I would start and stop, start and stop...over and over.  The past couple weeks, my image of myself has been HORRIBLE but today I decided to rededicate myself and DO THIS THING this time.  So, here I am back on OH for support, to give support, get suggestions, tips and information.  I just hope I am not to far out post op for this to work.   But all I will to is try and keep trying because I have a determination that I WILL defeat obesity!!!

LEE
on 1/3/12 4:47 am, edited 1/3/12 4:47 am
With open arms I say WELCOME HOME !!!!!

I like yourself have gained dam near all my weight back and I hate myself for doing so.  I am starting a gym today even though I hate gyms I am going to do it.   I am going to start eating better and by the summer I will be fine again.

Jump on the train baby because it's moving and there is no need for you to be left behind. 
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 5:47 am - Fair Play, CA
I am getting back in here too. We can't beat ourselves up too much. It is what it is. I will be here everyday giving and getting support along with you. Hang in there. We can do it. We have done it many times before.
dstgirl2000
on 1/5/12 4:04 am
That's the great attitude you need.  It's never too late to get back on track!  Welcom back home where we all start over and over again.  No pointing fingers here!  You have the tool to get this thing going...Now work it!!

You can do this!

J

Brandon123654
on 1/5/12 5:43 am
You will get it off.  Don't beat yourself up because that weight is about to disappear again. 
2fun 2quit
on 1/5/12 11:12 am - Saint Paul, MN
Thank you for your support...I look forward to my progress and I pass on my support and encouragement to each of you.....SUCCESS is our first name!  and VICTORY is our last name!!

MSW will not settle
on 1/9/12 12:17 am
Welcome back.

I can only guess how if the weight comes off easily in the beginning, temptation to just let things happen must be great.  It may be late in the game but you've got a clue now.  Run with it.  Your tool is still with you.  Work it as you work the issues wls can't fix. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 207 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1150 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2065 views