insurence denied

tanya-ann
on 1/26/14 4:59 pm - pendleton, OR

so my insurence denied me and i got appeal papers in the mail the reasons i was denied was because i dont have diabetis BUT i have high blood pressure,severe sleep apnea,bmi.71,knee joint problems,use oxygen,ptsd,depression. And they also denied me because of the fact that i had the gastric band before i had 2 different bands and my body rejected them the drs office i go to doesnt seem to want to help me appeal the decision but i feel i need to appeal this i need this surgery to regain my life again i have a 14 yr old and she needs me here im a single parent any suggestions as what any of you would do? thanks

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/27/14 12:03 pm
I would look up my insurance policy and read the criteria. I cannot imagine being denied with a bmi of 71. You should contact your insurance company for more information; something seems off. If the surgeon's office will not help you appeal you can do it on you own.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

KittyKarin
on 1/27/14 10:34 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Yes, I would say definitely appeal!  Sometimes the insurance companies have hard rules, like lifetime surgery limits, and they will deny first just based on that.  Once you appeal and explain the situation to them, letting them know that the bands were rejected by your stomach and other details, they could approve you because of the cir****tances.  Your surgeon's office should work with you and sometimes you have to be a little bit of a pest to make them cooperate! :-)  Good luck!!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

tanya-ann
on 1/28/14 10:10 am - pendleton, OR

thank you for your oppinion today i actually took a 3 hr fasting test to make sure i dont have diabetis i hope i dont have that but if i do then its approved go figure thats crazy if you ask me

mispysmom
on 1/29/14 1:44 am - elliot lake, Canada
Good luck!! And remember...its the squeeky door tht gets the oil, as my mother would say....make sure u advocate for urself!!

Amanda

tanya-ann
on 1/29/14 11:11 am - pendleton, OR

so yesterday i had my fasting 3 hr blood work upb done in hopes i had diabetis .......................on the good side i dont have diabetis but on the bad side im back to square one!!! i am going to appear this and i am gonna fight till the end but the dr insurence lady still says its not ever gonna approve so when u develope diabetis then let use know>?? so is that saying IF i get this appoved on my own am i gonna be one of their payients or what??

snoopygirl1968
on 1/30/14 3:56 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

I would go to a different surgeon if there is one available and in your area.

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Most Active