This is frustrating

paflyersgal
on 10/3/15 7:05 am
VSG on 10/06/15
Sorry for this rant.. My boyfriend has already listened to me go on and on.. Lol I figured he needed a break. So four weeks ago.. FOUR weeks ago I had my pre-op appointment. I was given a surgery date and sent on my way. Not once did they tell me I needed to get blood work again.. So yesterday.. At 4:30 pm the hospital admitting nurse calls me to ask me all these questions.. Then proceeds to tell me she can't find my blood work and upper gi .. I said what??? So she says I need to redo them.. Blood work Fine .. But the upper gi??? I have to make an appointment for that.. And it can't be done over the weekend.. And last time it took me two months to get an appoimemt . My surgery is on Tuesday.. I don't have that kind of time. How could they not have record of my upper gi.. I am fuming.. They had four weeks to contact me and tell me they needed this stuff instead they wait until the Friday before my surgery.. At closing time.. So I couldn't call anyone to search for my X-rays .. I have to wait until Monday and pray and hope they find them. Sorry for this rant.. Did anyone else have this type of issue.. Sigh.. This is so depressing ...

Karen

Shel25
on 10/3/15 8:45 am

I didn't have your particular issue but had a few of late-date insurance wiggles. Two wiggles worked out without causing a delay. The other one caused a few weeks delay in surgery. Actually, I don't remember exactly how long the delay was because in the end, it didn't matter. My work/medlcal leave was reworked, the surgery eventually happened and everything was smooth sailing after that. Now the delay is distant memory.

Fingers crossed this will end up being only an extreme nuisance rather than something that affects the surgery date.

Good luck on your journey!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Minkey
on 10/4/15 11:46 am

I didn't know of half the stuff I was supposed to do until I looked at the book they gave me that showed the time schedule, etc. Unfortunately, some of the medical field folks think that we should know everything, or else they think they told us when it was actually another patient. Everything will work out in the end, it always does!!

cc583
on 10/4/15 5:18 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I am still pre-surgery but I am still this is very frustrating!! I hope it all works out for you! Fingered crossed!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

NYMom222
on 10/5/15 5:10 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

So how did things go today? Did you work them out? How long ago was the upper GI that they are making you re-do it. Are you just talking about when you swallow the liquid and they take pictures? Hope things went well....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

paflyersgal
on 10/14/15 8:07 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

They sent me out for blood work, an X-ray, nasel swab and a EKG. The Doctor's office found my Upper GI and forwarded over to the admitting nurse. I ran around Monday like a crazy girl. I got it all done though. Tuesday morning I went in and had my surgery! Hardest part is now complete! I came home Wednesday, so it's been one week so far.

I'm doing alright for the most part. I still am having some trouble laying on my left side where they had the drain tube. When I lay on my left side I feel like all my insides move around .. lol.. So I've been sleeping on my back or right side. It's very hard since I've always slept on my left side. However it's a minor thing and I'm sure in time it'll change and go back to normal.

I am getting tired of eating cream soups and jello though .. I am counting down the days until I can have eggs.. Lol..

Karen

TXBigKahuna
on 11/12/15 10:10 pm

Yes and no.  I'm going for a revision and the first step based on insurance guide lines was to remove the lapband.  Office forgot for a month to send in the preauth to insurance for approval, so everything is a little behind schedule.

I hate to think it is a common problem, but I suspect the offices are pretty busy and miss things in the juggle.

Hopefully you are back on track.

Most Active