Sugar levels

Tesh S.
on 7/31/04 7:08 am - frankford, DE
Hello everyone I am need to the board. and I have a question that maybe someone could help me with I have type II diabetes and I am also wanting to have the WLS could anyone tell me what they like your A1c level to be before they do the surgery. Thanks Teresa
Puss I.
on 8/1/04 5:52 pm - Charlotte, nc
Hey Teresa! My surgeon wont operate until youre A1C is at 8.0 or below. Hope this helps!
JaniceEstel
on 8/6/04 4:36 am - Medford, WI
Hi Teresa, I couldn't believe it! I just decided to try this board and your question was EXACTLY what I wanted to know! I haven't had my first true consult with my surgeon, been doing everything BUT seeing him, thanks to insurance run-arounds. But I wanted to know that A1c, also. Glad you asked. Best, Janice
jujubeee
on 8/10/04 8:48 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Teresa, My surgeon didn't give a number either, but did say "within normal levels" which leads me to believe under 8 is acceptable as well. Julie
Scary L.
on 8/12/04 6:22 am
I was just told keep my sugar under 180 daily avg.
Tamara R.
on 8/18/04 9:34 pm - Ft. White, Fl
I really believe it depends on who your surgeon is. My surgeon didn't put an A1c number on me. I was an out of control diabetic, on oral meds, and insulin, I had an A1c of 14+ and he still did the WLS. I now have an A1c of 7, and take no meds!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 173 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 500 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 849 views