New To This Board

Mary Frances G. S.
on 1/10/05 3:41 am - New York, NY
Hi everyone My name is Mary and i am 27 yrs old from CT. I curerently am waiting to have WLS the BPD/DS to be exact. I am a type II diabetic and my A1C is currently 11.2. i am very scared of how my blood sugar runs. It is usually in the 400's if not higher. i am currently on 65 units of lantus insulin at night and my doc just started me on novalog insulin 10 units per meal. I was wondering if someone here had a sample diet/menus for a diabetic trying to bring thier sugars/weight down. i want to be as healthy as can be for surgery. i have gone to a nutritionist and when they try to explain all this stuff to me abourt exchanges and servings and complex carbs and stuff I get all confused. that is why i was wondering if maybe you guys can help me out with just giving me example daily menus and stuff like pointers....etc....!!! i would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks everyone!! Mary from CT PS: I also have PCOS
wanda B.
on 1/11/05 4:02 am - midland, Ar
Hello, Mary and welcome. I can understand about the confusion. I don't have any sample recipes or anything like that, but if you go to the Amercian Diabetes Association site, they have all kinds of good, easy to understand information, including recipes. They also have a message board (and it's much more active than this one ). The people are very helpful, and usually waste no time responding to questions. I go there everyday, as I am newly diagnosed and learning. Hope something I said helps. Take care. Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 172 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 499 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 847 views