18 Months Out and Feeling like crap!

Tonya75
on 5/16/11 5:54 am - IL
Hello,

I am very happy with my DS surgery, but within the last few days I have not been feeling too good after eating....I also have been having stomach aches. Not sure if this is one of those cases, where this too shall pass or WHAT! 

I had some food at a soul food dinner 2 days ago, and thats where it begain. Before I could get out of the dinner, I had to go throwup. Then as I got home (maybe about 1 hr later) I had to throwup again, and this time I had to go poop. I pooped several times yesterday. I am just all out of ideas, of what i could be experiencing. I am wondering if the food has not completely gone through my system.

I also hear stomach noises as well.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same things. Or If anyone have any suggestions or thoughts.

Sorry to be gross...but I am looking for guidance.
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

overit_11
on 5/16/11 5:56 am
Sounds like you had some bad food.

Tonya75
on 5/16/11 5:59 am - IL
Yeah...but the really weird part is know-one else from my family got sick. It it because my stomach is more sensitive than there's?
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Kathleen F.
on 5/16/11 6:13 am, edited 1/29/12 6:16 am
[edited to remove personal information]

Tonya75
on 5/16/11 6:18 am - IL
Thanks for the suggestion. I have never taken probiotics. You think this is healthy?
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Kathleen F.
on 5/16/11 6:28 am
pycca
on 5/16/11 8:02 am - Haslet, TX
LOVE my probotics !!

I also cannot eat too dry of any food, or if I get  meats or veggies that get more dense as they cool.
 Sometimes if I forget like at work and only have 15 min to eat between cases,, if I eat too fast it all comes back, almost in same form I ate it !!!

Hope you figure it out !!  if no BM and still pain/ vomiting  call your doc or go to ER   though !!!.

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/16/11 3:36 pm - Sedona, AZ
you didn't mention what kind of carbs you enjoyed at that soul food dinner . . food poisoning only lasts 24 hours and since none of your family who ate there suffered it seems likely it was the carbs. Did you have desserts with sugar? cornbread? biscuits? mac & cheese? all those could cause gas & bloating until it's out of your system in a couple days. I have gone back to eaten some things I shouldnt have and I suffered a few days. I consider it just part of the learning process . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Tonya75
on 5/17/11 1:30 am - IL

Mac and Cheese! You guess it! I feel a little better today, though. Thanks!

DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 714 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1020 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views