Dr. K replied to my email..

MSSEXXC74
on 8/20/13 5:23 am
Dr. K replied to my email. He seems to be a very nice man.  Kristina wants the dr to review the request for surgery before she submits it due to the fact that my BMI is only 46 and not the 50 CINGA requires.  But this is what he had to say about me and my revision.       Good morning, Thank you for the kind words- I try my best.   I agree with you a 100%, that the benefit of RNY to Sleeve for you may be marginal if any. The scientific data on this is clear that diabetic patients do best with the DS.  As for authorization, insurance issues etc, Kristina in our office would be the one that has all the answers.    What I expect from the patients, is to  be seen in the office in Glendale, for a formal consult, have and endoscopy done here by me. Then if all appears to be ok, have the operation and plan on staying here for about 2 weeks from the date of the surgery.   For a lot of patients that I have seen from out of state, they have come to us, had the consult on day 1, had the endoscopy on day 2, saw me again on day 3, and the surgery on day 4, and barring any complication, and unforeseen events, discharged from hospital by day 7-8, then go hove about 10 days later.    Please note that you will have a feeding tube that stays in for 6 weeks after surgery. This can be taken out with no difficulty at home state. The follow ups are 7-10 days after surgery, which means that I will see you 1-2 times before you head back to AZ.   Hope this helps. Ara

MajorMom
on 8/20/13 6:39 am - VA

Awesome!!  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

meq815
on 8/20/13 12:31 pm - PA

He really does seem like quite a good guy.

jashley
on 8/20/13 2:10 pm, edited 8/20/13 2:10 pm
DS on 12/19/12

He is a wonderful surgeon.  I felt very safe in his hands.  His success stats on the operating table are very good.

teachmid
on 8/21/13 10:12 am - OKC, OK
I traveled from Oklahoma for my revision with him. He is wonderful!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

stillhoping
on 8/25/13 4:29 am - Tampa, FL

I traveled from Tampa Florida for him to do my revision.  He is wonderful!!  Still responds to my e-mails even after almost 3 years.

Terry

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 980 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 443 views