D/S in Philadelphia, PA

Sarah M.
on 5/5/14 6:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am looking for D/S surgeons in the Philadelphia area that are experienced with lapriscopic D/S procedures. I had the D/S some years ago in Kentucky with John Husted, but I am unfamiliar with surgeons in the Philadelphia area. I have two friends interested in the procedure, and would like to know who has a good reputation around here.

Sarah M.
God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny.
- Garrison Keillor
melissamaho
on 5/5/14 10:16 am

Abington Health bariatric center does DS.
I am in Delaware and going to Delmarva Bariatric but they have fairly strict BMI requirements for the DS (55+ BMI) and it is highly dependent on your insurance as well. I am in Southern DE and their main office is in MD, but it might be worth the trip - they have a fantastic multidisciplinary preparation and aftercare program, which is important.

Other than that, I don't know any DS surgeons in the area, and I was actively pursuing DS when I lived in the Philadelphia suburbs a few years back. Abington was too far for me at the time.

NoreenRT
on 5/5/14 10:56 am - Warner Robins, GA

Dr Bonanni at Abington Bariatric center.  He did my DS laparoscopic 5 yrs ago.  He also did some non DS surgery on me a few years later. Fantastic, gifted surgeon.

good luck.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Sarah M.
on 5/5/14 12:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I had been planning to have my D/S with Bonanni back in 2008, and I'd liked him just fine when I met him for the consult. Then, less than six weeks before my scheduled surgery date I found that his office had never scheduled my surgery. As my leave from work was already planned and approved, Dr. Husted truly saved my behind. The experience left me a bit leery of dealing with...If not so much with Bonanni, than it left me leery of dealing with his office staff. As a surgeon, I have heard many good things about him, no question.

Sarah M.
CSerwalt
on 5/12/14 3:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12

Hi Sarah, I too had issues with Dr Bonanni's office. I ended up going with Dr Greenbaum in NJ. He's Awesome. And its only like 20 mins over the bridge.

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

Rebecca S.
on 5/12/14 3:36 am, edited 5/12/14 3:37 am
RNY on 05/23/14

I am glad you had a good experience with Dr. Bonanni. I went to him some years back to inquire about weight loss surgery. He gave me the forms to take to my family doctor for the physical. When my family doctor found out it was Dr. Bonanni I was considering, he begged me to go elsewhere for my procedure. He said he knew enough about Dr. Bonanni that he felt I should be forewarned. I took his advice, of course. I never went back to Dr. Bonanni.

map189
on 5/7/14 4:43 am

Sarah,  I just posted under self pay but I'm going to a surgeon whose credentials seem extremely good - he's in south Jersey (Moorestown & Mt. Holly) - Dr. Greenbaum.  I'm located in Doylestown.  Check out the list of surgeons on DSfacts.  Good Luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 923 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1144 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 401 views