Poo Pourri!!!!!

PHAT_at42
on 5/15/14 12:13 pm
DS on 03/12/14

I received my Poo Pourri from amazon today and have had the pleasure of using it already. It works better than expected. I did not smell any poo. I dont have problems with gas because I am early out and follow ALL the rules. I do have one, sometime two BMs a day and if I am not careful can get a little constipated (use miralax). But the smell is horrid.  I can go up hours later and the smell would meet me in the bedroom. I am divorce and not dating so I don't share the bathroom with anyone. One day my teenage daughter can into my BR to get something and started gaging. 

It is kinda expensive but well worth it to me....the poo odor has so far been my only hang up since surgery. It has bothered me more than the slow weight loss. I brought the three piece set so I can have one to carry with me to work. I've never had to go while at work but I am no longer afraid if I must.

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

Irishnurse
on 5/15/14 12:43 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I too had the really smelly poo issue. I started using some serious digestive health probiotics four times a day for gas, bloating etc. It has really changed the smell. Unless I eat something sweet which is rarely I may stink but it is not eye watering or brain melting anymore. It can stink the whole house though...just less killer smell. I am not sure why the DS poo smell lingers so badly and so far. I usually leave my bathroom window open when I go and flush several times. Poo Pourri is awesome stuff.

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

jashley
on 5/15/14 12:48 pm
DS on 12/19/12

The odor is quite strong.  It's amazing how long it lingers, and it seems to be denser than oxygen.  It spreads by multiplying, so it escapes the bathroom and will travel down hallways and into other rooms to prey upon the unsuspecting.

I feel for you.  The bathroom smell affects my dating, camping, backpacking, etc. Probiotics will help once you get up and running and can take some (eating yogurt also helps).

Try Ozium also.  It's a spray that I found at WalMart, maybe Target.  It's cheap, and it works.  You spray the air in the bathroom, and a little goes a long way.  Close the door, and leave (try not to breathe it in).  Ozium will kill any smell, and I use this at work. 

I also flush repeatedly, which is the best way to keep the stench to a minimum.  If you let it sit in the bowl, it has more time to waft the perfume up.

Take heart.  It gets better.

Irishnurse
on 5/16/14 12:44 am
DS on 04/17/13

LMAO! You always crack me up!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PHAT_at42
on 5/15/14 1:03 pm
DS on 03/12/14

Everything you said ladies....I will try the ozum...I was also thinking of getting a few of those mounting timed dispensers for added protection. The Poo Pourri has made my life a little bit better on this day. I do take a RX probiotic twice a day. I have not had any issues with loose stool or many in one day. 

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

Monkey_doodle
on 5/16/14 1:58 am - NY

I have not used the poo purri yet but understand it contains essential oils- in a pinch I have tried using a couple drops of tea tree oil (only thing I had to bring from home).  not sure if it helps?  Regardless- I think poo pourri works its magic by (top layer) coating the offensive stuff in the bowl.  Just so I cover my bases I take a sheet of tp and let it fall on top of whatever is there so the water/oils cover it to save from too many flushes.  (my current bm's can be 3 in 30 mins so I would be flushing like 6 times). 

I found a "recipe" for the stuff online and will try it with some tangerine essential oils because I just don't want to spend the money buying various scents to find one I agree with.

DS surgery- 3-29-11
jashley
on 5/16/14 12:13 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Interesting.  I have to go at least twice in 30 minutes also.  Many time 3 times in the morning before I have to go to work.

And strangely enough, the more late I'm running, the more times I have to go.  If I wake up an hour earlier than I need to (an hour before the alarm), than I only need to go once...  Maybe it's a universal law or something, similar to Murphy's law.

I read how some people go once in the morning and that's it.  I long to have their surgery.

PSaadallah
on 5/17/14 10:14 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

You can use any essential oil for the same basic effect as Poo Pourri.  I use orange essential oil - just a few drops in the toilet right before going.  Nice orange essence in the bathroom after flush!

zzobe
on 5/17/14 10:26 am

I can verify that Ozium is great. I can find it in a tiny spray can. I carry with me when I travel. Many hotel bathrooms do not have fans. My other suggestion is to use a natural orange spray. There are several brands out there. Trader Joe carries one as well as Bed Bath & Beyond.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 763 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1052 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views