Do probiotics slow weight loss? HELP

AngelnChains
on 9/20/15 8:21 pm
DS on 11/17/14

i started taking probiotics to help with gas ect and noticed that the weight slowed considerably! Im ten months out, help please!

PeteA
on 9/20/15 9:09 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I've never heard that happening with probiotics. It seems unlikely.  

What kind are you taking and how much?

Just thinking about other things that might cause a stall. See if any really apply to you.

Any other changes? Meds, protein, food overall? 

It might just be a stall. Are you eating enough every day? Hitting protein and liquid goals? Sometimes if you aren't eating enough the body can go into "starvation" mode and you quit losing for a while.

Pete

MajorMom
on 9/21/15 1:59 am - VA

I take some pretty high count probiotics and I don't think they've an an effect on WL. I do remember at 8, 9, 10 months out, my WL was really slow as I approached goal weight. Could just be coincidence that things are slowing, or your body is just taking a slight break, at the same time the probiotics are kicking in.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

AngelnChains
on 9/22/15 10:15 pm
DS on 11/17/14

Im about 45 pounds from my goal and I worry that I will just stop and wont be able to get to my goal. Maybe its from years of being so large and not being able to lose that makes it scary for me. Im rethinking how Im eating and just going to try to relax and see if it starts again since Im just now 10 months out. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 671 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1001 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views