Closest Doctor to Boston

Michele C.
on 1/23/05 7:19 am - Bradfrod, MA
Does anyone know what the closest state is that does revises to Massachusettes??? To make a long story short, in 07/00, I had an RYN, 09/01 had excess skin removed. Married in 01/03 and have gained ALOT of weght back. (weighed 178 afer skin removal, now at 260, started at 336, was once at 406). Any advise or information? Thank you. Michele
Lucinda A.
on 1/25/05 5:45 am - Hazleton, PA
A few weeks ago, I traveled to Boston, from PA, to have an EGBR (Endoscopic Gastric Bypass Repair) I had a very large stoma, which was able to be repaired endoscopically. My surgeon, Dr. Christopher Thompson (from Brigham & Women's Hospital) was very good. I know he can repair enlarged stomas and fistulas, but I don't think he does complete revisions...he does the procedure using a scope, not open. This makes the recovery relatively painless. I was actually well enough to drive most of the way back to PA - the day after the procedure. You will probably need to have an upper GI and Endoscopy to determine what, if anything, went wrong with your surgery. Good Luck! ~Cindy
Michele C.
on 1/29/05 9:38 pm - Bradfrod, MA
Hello Cindy, I just thought that I would let you know that I have a date to see Dr. Thompson on 04/18/05 at 11AM. YAHOO!!! I have a question. Should I get the upper GI series and Endoscopy done BEFORE my consult with him with my PCP or just wait to see what he has to say??? Thank you Cindy. Talk to you soon. Michele
Lucinda A.
on 1/31/05 2:18 am - Hazleton, PA
He'll want to do the endoscopy himself. I had one done brfore going to see him, but he wanted to do it again, so he would be able to see exactly what the problem was, before doing the procedure. I'm sure he'll let you know if you'll need the upper GI too...you may not need it. Looks like we'll both be seeing him in April...my check-up is on 04/04/05. Good Luck! ~Cindy
Michele C.
on 3/5/05 9:14 pm - Bradfrod, MA
Hi Cindy, I was just wondering how your feeling. I hope all is going well for you. Have a great day! Michele
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/05 8:02 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Michele, I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I was crusing the boards and noticed it. If you find that Dr Thompson isn't quite what you need, I can suggest that you get into contact with Dr Randall . He works out of Mass General and Lawrence Memorial in Medford Ma. I know he does revisions. By the way, I had my Open Rny at Brigham & Womens with Dr Robinson. I can't say enough about the great care I got.
Michele C.
on 3/12/05 11:59 am - Bradfrod, MA
Hi Kim, I didn't know Dr. Randall did revisions!!! I know a few people who had him for the RYN, I would of gone to see him first, maybe I will call and see when I could get into see him. Thank you so much for the information! Michele
Michele C.
on 10/30/05 8:25 pm - Bradfrod, MA
Well, I have had 2 endosopy revisions, one in APril and out in ugust, both did not work, I lost 8 pounds toltal. I think I need to go see Dr. Robinson and actualy made an appointment for a first consultation 11/21/05. I don't know what to do anymore. I need food counceling for sure!
Most Active