No support from family or friends

mandymojica
on 9/14/06 11:39 pm - South River, NJ
Well my surgery date is october 2, 2006. My mom is worried and trying to support me but calling me every day to tell me who she spoke with that said its a bad idea my father is absolutly agianst it. My landlord, who is also a dear friend has been telling me on a daily basis not to do it. My husband although he would rather I not do it is still trying to support me telling me that we have to take my before and after pictures. I have many reservations and fears about this surgery but I still feel hole heartedly that I will proceed. I'm just so worried and frankly I feel alone. Any sugestions?
neikoredsko
on 9/28/06 7:28 am
Hi Madeline, my name is Stacey and I feel like I am In the same situation as you I feel like everybody is trying to sabotage my feelings and are against it. But for me I keep telling myself I am doing this for me not them and they will understand in the end how beneficial it is for me and my health. So keep your chin up and remember this is for you and your reasons to live no-one else.
Sarah Joy
on 10/20/06 8:24 am - Hawthorne, CA
Probably the best thing you can do for yourself is to tell these people that you appreciate their concern, but you've decided and that's it. And tell them if they have anything to say about why not to do it, to keep it to themselves. *hugs* I hope they back off a little so that you can get excited about the big change coming up in your life!
Most Active