Angry and Hurting!

PrincessGina
on 3/13/08 2:08 am - Ft. Drum, NY
Do you ever feel like the more weight you loose, the more you hurt?  Kinda like the fat was a cushion or something?   I don't know, I guess I just kinda feel cheated.  Ever since my struggles with fibromyalgia started....long before I had a diagnosis, long before my pain had a name, my Drs always tried to attribute everything to my obeisity.  "Oh Gina, you know, you really need to drop some weight", "Gina, it wouldn't hurt you to loose a few pounds", "your body has to work harder to carry the weight and that is why you hurt", "once you loose some weight you will feel a million times better". I don't regret having gastric bypass, I really don't.  But my Doctors all made me feel like it would be some magic fix and after I lost weight I would feeling great, the pain would be better.  Nope!   Granted I still have a ways to go.  But it has been about 3 months and almost 65 pounds now, and I swear with every pound I loose, I have more pain.  I really feel cheated!  I love the new body emerging, but the pain is unbearable.   Have you all noticed the same thing?  Am I imagining this? 

Jeannie D.
on 3/13/08 1:18 pm - NE

Yes and no.......... I can't say I feel worse but I know that I have been told for years that my weight is my problem.  Good news, if I get skinny, I will be healthy again!!!   Now realistically I knew better but you are right, that is what I was told........... Darn that doctor!!! 

phyllis gilbert
on 3/13/08 2:26 pm - frankenmuth, MI

Gina,

You are not imagining this, my pain has gotten worse since my surgery too. Howvever, I would have the surgery over and over again. I don't know what the answer for us is. Hopefully some warmer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                         Phyllis

Phyllis Gilbert
monax4
on 3/18/08 3:32 pm - Central, CA
Have you considered that surgery has caused a major flare.  I had major surgery last year and it cuased my fibro pain to sky rocket.  That may be what causing your pain. IMHO
Monax4 SW/227, CW/171, 5'3.25"

angeldore
on 3/19/08 2:04 am
Hey there! Well, you are right, at least thats what my Dr (at the Pian Clinic) says. She claims that the skinnier a person is (or the fatter), the more problems they are likely to have when it comes to pain issues! She brought it up when she noticed that I kept losing weight. She said the skinnier I got, the  more pain i would probably be in. And you know what, she is right! I am now down to 109lbs & I hurt like HELL! I actually have to see her today for the forst time in about 2 months, about 6lbd lighter, & I am afraid of what she is going to say to me. At 116lb she told me to not lose anay more weight. Well, here I am at 109lb (not intentionally), so I am going to go in layers! Anyways, point being, thats what I was told. Good luck to you in your pain management. Talk to you later,  Angelic

Shanana
on 3/20/08 1:14 am - Altavista, VA
I can so relate to your frustrations. I too was told lose weight and it all will go away. Then the dr laughed one day and said oh you lost all your cushion. When I started falling flat on my face over a year ago , made a million different visit to many drs, they found a ruptured disk, advanced osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Its a shame they could have avoided my recent back surgery and got on top of this pain long ago if they had listened and cared. I have spinal fusion in jan and have lost 15 lbs for what reason I dont know. Pain and lack of motivation causes me to eat the wrong things. I feel more pain with less weight. I am happy for the weight loss. I am at 185 and was conceded to be happy just seeing 1 anything on the scales. i like the idea of being smaller but my skin sucks and adds to my frustrations. Pain doesnt really motivate me to move or even go outside or take a shower most days. I know it sucks! I feel you whole heartedly. Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Most Active
Recent Topics