3 weeks out, trying to get an idea of what exercises are good

Chickenboob
on 8/15/11 9:34 pm - Rockland, Canada
Hi!

I am 3 wks out from surgery and I am looking for advice as to what kind of exercise I can do as of 4 weeks, which is when I was told I can start exercising. I have been walking due to back to school shopping, but found that I was quite tired.

please let me know some of things you did as you started exercising and what did or did not work.

Also, do we have any hockey/ringette players here? I used to play competitive ringette and would like to get back into it either this fall or next fall. What did you do to get back into playing shape? I don't care which position I play, but I was a goaltender for 25 years.

Many thanks,

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Seht
on 8/16/11 12:21 am
walking, jogging, running, cycling, swimming once you are sure everything is healed.

I would check with your doc about any strength training.  I was told 6 weeks before I should do any lifting.

You may find that your body is still tired when you workout, even though you are probably feeling pretty good about your daily activities.

Find something you like to do and use that fun activity as your exercise.

Congrats on the surgery and welcome to the board.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Chickenboob
on 8/17/11 12:48 am - Rockland, Canada
Thanks Scott!

I am looking forward to taking up jogging with the girls at work. I have dream involving a 5K run....finishing one is the first goal!

I am also psyched about going back to ringette...once I fit into my equipment again! I will start with walking for now and skating in a couple of weeks.

If you have any extra tips, I sure would appreciate them!

Kirsten

Most Active