Day of reckoning has arrived

Lowcountry
on 9/12/11 3:25 am - Lady's Island, SC
so, my life has spun back into a sendentary nightmare. I had gotten so far in my training had a few miserable runs and the coach calls my name.....evan.....evan.. ....you know it's to hot outside......you know how pathetic you did in your last runs......you know everything bounces when you run and people are laughing at you......you know that show you like is coming on.....you know you won't fail sitting on me.....

NOT TODAY! I spent to much money, pain  and time to go back to what I was. So, TODAY i'm gonna do my damnest to not make excuses and to get off my ass and move.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Sue M.
on 9/12/11 4:17 am - Nantucket, MA
EVAN!  Good on you!  it's never too late to try again!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Jillian O.
on 9/12/11 4:34 am - Fort Riley, KS
Go for it Evan! Anything you do active is better than doing nothing!  Lots of races coming up down here if you want to join me. There is a small local sprint tri on Saturday in Pooler, if you need inspiration come on down and spectate. They are also in need of volunteers for it. Sometimes watching a race is all you need. My husband watched me do an ironman 2 weeks ago and now he wants to do one, one day

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Lowcountry
on 9/12/11 4:40 am - Lady's Island, SC
Not a bad idea. However this saturday gotta go to Charleston. But that is a great idea. Unfortunatly fundage is an issue for me right now. I had to take a paycut when my contract was renewed with DOD. So, a bike is on hold for the foreseeable future. But, I always got my feet.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 9/12/11 4:44 am, edited 9/12/11 4:45 am - Fort Riley, KS
We got the trick or trot 5k and 10k on Willmington Island on October 29th, its an affordable race, you should consider coming out for it, if its within your budget.

I know all about the finances thing, I had planned on doing the Disney Marathon Weekend, but doing Ironman Louisville really cleaned us out, so can't do it now.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/12/11 4:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
You got this buddy!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 11:34 am
I just want to say THANKS!  Been a rough few weeks and your post motivated me to get off my ass and do something about it!
superconducting
on 9/12/11 11:44 am - Montgomery, NY
 rock and roll man, get moving!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 11:10 am
How did your chair do when you ignored it for a while and got off your ass? 

Hang in there buddy, your post help get me out of my funk...your turn!
MacMadame
on 9/13/11 3:28 pm - Northern, CA
Sign up for a race. Then you HAVE to train. Because it's more painful to race unprepared than to do the training.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active