Surprise 5 K on Sunday!!

Chickenboob
on 9/16/11 10:37 am - Rockland, Canada
I am 7 weeks out from my RNY, and I have been doing a walking clinic at the Running Room. I was asked yesterday if I would take a spot for the 5k Army Run (ahem *walk*) on Sunday. But now I am freaking out!!! I don't know what to do to prepare! What if I don't finish? I know I can do 3.5 K so I think I'll be ok. What should I eat the day before and morning of?

Ekkk! HELP!

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

JsSkinnyMom
on 9/17/11 3:30 am - Youngsville, LA
Nothing like a surprise race to get you going! I've never done a race so I don't have any advice but I can't eat before I walk/run and I'd imagine it would only be worse for a real race since you'll prob be a little nervous. If it were me, I'd prob have some chocolate milk when I woke up then jus****er or G2 after that. But like I said, I'm probably the last person you should listen too! lol

Good luck! I bet it will be tons of fun!
 J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
MacMadame
on 9/17/11 5:42 am - Northern, CA
The day before eat as you would normally but on the lighter side. Then the morning of, have some sort of snack/breakfast when you wake up. You have to get to the races pretty early so it should be at least 2 hours between your breakfast and the start of the race so you should be fine digestion-wise.

Popular pre-race breakfasts are bagel or English muffin with peanut butter and jam/honey/jelly and oatmeal. OTOH, I just eat what I normally eat -- a protein shake! I find it easy to get down and I like to give my body something it's used to.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Chickenboob
on 9/18/11 9:16 am - Rockland, Canada
Thanks so much!! I had peanutbutter and NSA strawberry jam on ryvita cackers. It was a lot of fun. I finished at 1 hour, 1 minute and 32 seconds. I didn't realize I was so close to breaking an hour, so I slowed down to keep a lady who was limping near the finish companyand to ake sure she was ok. I now know I can break an hour (my previous best pace was 12:36 per kM)... But it felt good to fini**** felt good to be kind and supportive. I also got a chance to thank injured soldiers for their sacrifice, they were s inspiring! As soon as the registration opens up for next year, I am signing up!

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Most Active