Toot Toot....

Adrienne G.
on 5/2/12 12:27 pm - Germantown, MD
 Yep, that's me tooting my own horn because I just finished BOOT CAMP   What an amazing accomplishment for me.  I was terrified because I love structure and didn't know what the class was going to be like.  My friend had some other gals with her and at one point (while doing wall sits with 1 leg on a step) I was like "OMG... this is hard" and got the most supportive "YOU CAN DO IT...HOLD ON HOLD ON" .  BTW this support came from a teenie tiny runner who was not judging me but supporting me.  WOW -- life is truly awesome!!!!!
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

LJ1972
on 5/3/12 9:37 am - FL
Awesome! Great feeling to be supported and not criticized... I was pleasantly surprised at the support I find at the gym.

Keep it up!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

JsSkinnyMom
on 5/3/12 10:11 am - Youngsville, LA
Kuddos just for showing up in the first place!  Just the words "Boot camp" intimidate the heck out of me!  lol
 J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
kathyshrinks
on 5/4/12 4:46 pm - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Way to go!  I did a boot camp a couple of years ago at a cross-fit gym.  It was a great experience that taught me not to fear the "gym people".  I became one of those "gym people".  I was sweating and grunting right along with people who were WAY more fit than me, and (surprise!) they didn't see me any differently than they saw themselves.  We were all pushing our limits, and it just didn't seem to matter that my limit was different than someone else's.  Very supportive bunch of folks.

Most Active