Help!!! Im confused,RNY OR LAPBAND

Mary T.
on 3/18/04 11:56 am - Monroe, NY
Lap Band on 01/23/11 with
I am having a hard time deciding which one. I have heard that people have bad immune systems and bowel problems after RNY,and have heard that you dont lose much weight with BAND!! Anybody out there, if you can help me I would appreciate it. Also I chose Dr.Ren as my Dr., anybody post-op use Ren, let me know your experience. THANKS
GrannyLaLa
on 3/19/04 8:28 am - South,, AR
There is a lapband forum on here that can answer your questions on Lapband. From what I've read so far people have lost up to and over 200lbs with the Lapband. It's not invasive and you can keep adjusting it for years to help keep your weight down. With the others you can stretch your stomach out again and have to have surgery again to shrink it back. Hope this helps!
mypookface
on 5/31/04 1:03 pm - Bethany, LA
I first considered the LapBand, but went to an informational meeting about both, and decided that I did not have the willpower that is needed to have the LapBand. So I researched and researched about the RNY and decided that RNY would be the way to go. It will be each person's choice. I don't want to persuade you one way or another. Just read up on both procedures and talk to people that have had both. Good luck to you. Hettie
Lisa A.
on 6/12/04 3:41 am - York, UK
Hi Mary, I know of two people who have lost 100+ lbs in 9 months with the lapband. However, the lapband is perhaps not the best option for someone with a sweet tooth. Best thing to do is loads of research about both surgeries. Lisa
Cindy M
on 9/18/04 10:18 am - somewhere in, CT
Hi Mary! I agree with Lisa. If you have a sweet tooth and can't seem to avoid it, my doctor recommends the RNY. With this procedure, you will get violently ill (dumping syndrome) if you eat sugar. If you are a large portion eater, then the lap band may be the ticket for you. It limits your portions to about 1/2 cup per serving. Good luck with your decision. Cindy M.
Most Active