Something to start?

bleever
on 5/28/03 10:36 am - FL
Hello, my name is Brandi. I currently live right outside of Atlanta, GA. However I am in the process of relocating to south west FL. I had my open RNY on 04/24/03. I was in the hosp for 4 days. No ICU. I am 5 weeks out as of today and am down 40lbs. Start stats 5'8" 322lbs Current stats 5'8" 282lbs Hope to here from you all soon.
Kendra S.
on 5/30/03 10:42 am - Seattle, wa
Gosh, Brandi, how brave of you to be the first one on the new message board! Today is my first look at the "Interests" boards. Great job on your weightloss! I am 3 months out and have lost 58 pounds. 5'7", 287 starting weight, current weight 229.
bleever
on 6/17/03 10:35 pm - FL
To post an update.. I am now in my new wonderful house. In Tampa, less than 2 minutes from the port. I love it. My weight loss is down to 272. I feel as if I am not dropping the weight as I should, but everyone keeps telling me it is because I am not eatting... I am glad that out of the 51 people who are members.. someone else was brave enough to reply... THANKS!!!!! Great job by the way on your weight loss!
Tammara R.
on 7/29/03 10:17 pm - Pasadena, CA
Hello all...My name is Tammara and I am almost 2 years out. This surgery has had an enormous impact on my life. I research it for about 2 years before deciding to go ahead with it. I started out at 314 officially, but lost weight right before surgery to get down to 287.5. I am currently at 150 (5'4"). Speaking of meeting others through obesityhelp.com, I met my partner through here, and we have both gone through the surgery (she is 1 year out and down to 165lbs from 298). The weight loss went off pretty quickly in the beginning. I was able to drop about 100 pounds in the first 5 months. Then I hit a plateau. My best friend (now partner) joined us up for a fitness facility called Curves. We both fell in love with it, and ended up purchasing one franchise, opening it up, and it is a huge success. Our first facility had over 600 people join in just 4 months. It amazes me how much we--as women--need a safe harbor to go to for weight loss and fitness. Where we can go to work out and the people actually care if we show up. Robyn and I were so impressed with our initial sucess that we purchased two more territories. Life has been truly amazing since surgery. Two years ago I hid from life in so many ways. I refused to create a friendship network as I was scared of life and living, and frankly just too tired to do much. I relied on my spouse and work to fufill me...that and food. After surgery I found a whole new life. I am now with Robyn, and now own 3 Curves fitness facilities here in So. California. What a difference, eh? Going from being a hermit to helping literally thousands of women fight their weight problems in a healthy, supportive environment (no men, no mirrors, no makeup is our motto). In addtion, I have been actively involved in creating and leading support groups (some for women only, others co-ed) to promote continued education in how to use our new "tool" successfully. Thanks to you all for being such presence with obesityhelp.com that they actually created a message board for 'family' members. For those of you who are part of this message board, drop a line and let us know more about you. It is so important to connect with each other. It is important that you become involved in a support group network in some form or manner. If any of you are pre-op or post-op and have questions about the surgery or about what is going on with your bodies after -- POST THE QUESTION!! What better way to get answers than from others who have gone are are currently going through what you are! Take care all, and I look forward to hearing from you about how your lives are going, how this surgery has impacted your lives, and what you are doing with it now that you can experience it more fully! All my best to your weight loss success! Tammara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 949 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views