Lap Band

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 11:27 am - Modesto, CA
Dawn,

I think everyone has given you good advice.  Start with calling your doctor and get his advice.  I agree that you might want to try a different exercise for a while.  Your body will adjust, which is why cross training is so useful.  Don't give up, you can do this!  It's hard sometimes, harder than I ever expected, but you're worth the work.

And Maria, I don't think there's a description of the month for restriction/sweet spot/green zone.  I just think you see them as all the same thing, while the majority of us do not.  I have restriction, but I am not in the green zone nor have I found the sweet spot.  You can have restriction without being at the sweet spot and you can lose weight with any amount of restriction, as you have proven.  I don't really care if I ever reach the sweet spot as long as my restriction level helps limit my portions.  Different levels of restriction limit my portions in different ways.  It's all okay with me.  Any help is appreciated - it's up to me to work what I have.  And I'll be the first to admit I'm not always good at that - you have probably been the most successful of anyone on the board with limited restriction.  I admire you for that and wish I had more of  your determination.  You've done an amazing job with a band that you have not been happy with and you deserve credit for that.  I really hope that you'll be able to revise to the surgery of your choice at some point so that you can be happy with your surgery. 

cat
Most Active