Lap-Band drs in Boston area?

Karen K.
on 5/9/11 2:38 am - Weymouth, MA
HI....Looking to find a dr who performs Lap-Band surgery in the Boston area.....looking to attend some kind of informational seminar...thx!
whithark
on 5/9/11 3:23 am - Bristol, RI
Hi there,
I went to Dr. Adamn Glasgow. I was very pleased with him and the rest of his staff. He performs surgery out of Norwood Hospital but has his own office. The website is http://www.massweightloss.com/. Since you're on the South Shore it would be pretty convenient for you. I looked into some of the Boston hospitals but some of their weight lists and pre-requisites for sugery were much longer than I was looking for. I think you can sign up for one of their seminars on-line.
Good luck!
Jaime 

dhenault
on 5/9/11 4:14 am
Dr. Donald Hess - Boston Medical Center - he's the best!

karianne
on 5/9/11 9:41 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
Hi,

I LOVE Dr. Brams out of Lahey Clinic in Burlington.  The WLS program is so good and the aftercare programs are amazing which is super important with the Lap-Band!  GOOD LUCK, Kari

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

Kim S.
on 5/10/11 3:28 am - North of Boston, MA
Brigham & Women's Hospital has a great program with some super doctors (both Dr. Lautz and my dr, Dr. Vernon).  They run a monthly informational session which covers various WLS options.

Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 5:21 am
Dr. Brams at Lahey did mine and I could not think of a better surgeon or staff to utilize for a band.  Avoid Mass General, my mother in law went there and they are awful to her and stingy with fills. 

That being said, PLEASE research other forms of surgery too.  I loved my band for about a year but now 5 yars out and am desperate to have it removed.  I got stuck on the band because it seemed less invasive but I found that to not be the case. 

MANY do well with the band and you may too.  Just do ALL of your homework.  What is the average EWL after 5/10 years?  Long term complications, etc.  Read as many articles about the RNY, DS, sleeve, etc that you can.  Then, when you make your decision, it will definitely be the RIGHT one.  

Best of luck!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 5:24 am
Sorry!  didn't notice you already had RNY the first time.  Are you looking for aband with your RNY?  Maybe consider DS too.  Good luck!
Most Active