Thank you FT7 and heart rate monitor Ladies

michele1
on 6/5/11 11:39 pm
Revision on 07/07/15
Thank you, thank you...........I bought a FT7 after a post last week about heart rate monitors and tried it out this morning. It was the most fun and best workout I ever had (maybe because it is a new toy) but I felt I had a much better work out. 

A plus for me was that it stated I burned more than I normally calculate using Daily Plate and the machine totals........

So thank you once again, your recommendations where right on............ wearing a heart rate monitor does make for a more satisfying and accurate workout !!!!!!!! 

Tomorrow I get to try it lifting weights and cardio combined...........can't wait !!!!

Michele

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 11:42 pm
YAY!!!!!!! 

Told ya so!!!  

I dont EVER work out without mine!!   

Warning - you WILL become addicted to it.   LOL
michele1
on 6/6/11 2:17 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Your were soooo right..........I am already addicted THANKS again !!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 2:43 am
its great motivation too!!!

Glad to hear it and you're welcome!
barbara314
on 6/6/11 4:40 am
Wait - I missed that post.  What kind of heart rate monitor did you buy?  I need to buy one too.
~ Barbara 

michele1
on 6/6/11 8:25 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Barbara,

I bought a Polar FT7 Fitness Heart rate monitor from Heartratemonitorsusa.com 82.17 with free shipping.....best price I could find.....

I got the black and gold one......very nice and I love the features......there are some that I haven't even discovered yet LOL!!!!

I really don't know why I never had one before.

Michele

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Lisaizme
on 6/6/11 12:27 pm, edited 6/6/11 12:27 pm - TX
That is a good price.  There are cheaper Polar monitors, but the FT-7 is highly rated by consumer reports.  There's a red one now.  I want.

I like it that the FT-7 you don't have to send the monitor or "button" back to Polar to have the battery replaced.. I have a local jeweler do it.

My DH bought mine via amazon.com.

One tip, if you stop getting good contact on the chest strap with jus****er, try using a water based gel of some kind.   Just make sure it's water based.  I use something called "YES" and it works much better than water for getting contact.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

michele1
on 6/6/11 9:32 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Thanks for the tip!!! I guess KY would work LOL....... I like the red one also....had a hard time choosing!!

Most Active