I Might Throw Up

CScott0925
on 7/5/11 11:16 am
So I had surgery on 6/29, have not needed any pain Mede, have not felt hungry, have lost a ton of weight. What is it that will make me puke? Laughing my butt off watching Wipeout!

abandster
on 7/6/11 12:10 am
How lucky for you not to have felt hungry since your surgery.  Usually, when the swelling starts going down, you get hungry because there no fluid in the band (unless its the 3 cc's of primer) so you have no restriction.

Congrats on not having had to taken any pain meds, as well.  I never took any either and I was grateful for that.

And you WILL usually loose lots of weight at the beginning.  You went from probably eating 3000 calories a day to about 500 with the liquids and mushies, if that many, so it gives your weight a jump start.

You shouldn't be eating anything yet that would make you want to bring it back up.  When you get to that point, you'll know it.  Some people can't eat chicken or pork or beef and have to stick with fish.  Some people can't eat raw veggies.  And, trust me, if you get it stuck, you'll pray to get it back up.

But go slow.  Take it easy.  Enjoy the ride and best of luck on your journey.

LaWanda
Most Active