TMI 4 Sure

CScott0925
on 7/22/11 10:58 pm
So my girl parts have always been wackado. I can go 6 months without having a period and about 2 years ago, my body decided that peri menopause would be fun -I am only in my late 30's. So I was on hormones prior to surgery, which I have stopped. I felt tearful, and I am not a crier, which my Dr's office explained. As you lose fat, your body releases more estrogen. Great, except that my body is trying to menstruate and for the last week I have felt like I am PMSing one day, break-out, gloating and all, just to have a bare minimum MS day the next. This is all making me laugh because it is effecting the scale ( thank God some of my smaller sizes are fitting so I don't lose my mind ) and what I crave to eat. Has anyone else risen this roller-coaster?

Carrie

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 7/23/11 3:02 am - Alamosa, CO
 Yep, about a month after surgery, I had a period that lasted 2 weeks... I freaked out!  But found out the same thing that you did, losing fat releases estrogen = crazy uterus!  In addition, I spent a few months having CRAZY mood swings.  I am almost a year out now and everyting has evened out. OH the joys of losing fat!  YAY!
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

fullnest
on 7/23/11 5:08 am - OR
 is this really what we have to look forward to as we lose weight??  I don't think I can take much more in the way of mood swings, wacko periods, and cravings. How long does it last? Until we've lost all the excess weight??  Good lord that'd be a long time...

Lin_2
on 7/23/11 10:01 am
Great post!
I had a hysterectomy 3 months before my band. I still have my ovaries. I have been having some mood swings of sorts, but thought it was for other reasons. It may have been from extra estrogen! 
Thanks for your post, it was the missing piece of the puzzle.
~ Lin

CScott0925
on 7/23/11 12:46 pm
So it makes me feel better to know that this is not unique to me, though I would never wish ill to others. I guess this makes exercise all the more important since it increases the opportunities for upswings in our emotions!

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 2:47 am - Des Moines, IA
I think besides the Estrogen part of the mood swings, just the stress of having WLS, changing how we eat, changing how we deal with stress or whatever reason we used to eat etc etc.  Any change good or bad is stressful.  It will get better!  And it's worth it also!  Hang in there, you can do this!
JmbCeb_10
on 7/25/11 10:59 pm - MA

Hi! I had the same issue, I think its just your body going crazy after surgery. Any kind of big change to your body makes everything out of whack. My periods starting becoming normal after about 3 months or so. I had the bloating, break outs and very emotional all that fun stuff! Good luck with your weight loss!! It will all be worth it in the end when you feel much better and are healthier!

Jess

5/6/2010 Preband Weight 268-Started 6 months of "I can change program"
10/18/10 Date of surgery : Weight 215
11/30/10 Fill 3cc's- Weight 200.6
12/28/10 Fill another 3cc's -Weight 192
1/25/11  No fill- 180.4
2/8/11 - 177
3/16/11- .5cc- 170
7/19/11 -Weight 147.9!!!
Most Active