1st Fill

CScott0925
on 8/10/11 12:44 pm
So I was scared to death because I hate needles. Apparently, I have a 14 cc band, which I understand is a large band. I recorder 6 cc's of saline and barely felt anything other than the sensation of the band filling. I probably did not get enough protein in today, but I feel great, so tomorrow is another day!

Catapult
on 8/10/11 2:15 pm - Australia
I am scared of other people giving needles to me, but can give my own insulin shots no problem. I too was terrified my first fill. I was more scared of getting the needle for the fill than I was of the operation to have the band put in.

I am curious that you felt the sensation of the band filling, do other people get that? Never felt it myself.

When I get a fill I don't even feel a sharp stick as the needle goes in the port. Just a 'pulling' sensation on my abdomen.

Cat.

CScott0925
on 8/11/11 9:38 am
First off, congrats on losing 100 pounds. The saline was cold and maybe that is why I could feel it.

Lin_2
on 8/11/11 11:15 am
Congrats!  It is scary to have them do fills or unfills at first, I know I was! I'm sure we'll get more relaxed as we go along :)

Most Active