NSV: A mistake was made...and it made me feel oh, so good!

pitablond
on 2/11/12 1:34 am - Harrisburg, PA
My cousins fiance was throwing him a birthday party.  Weeks ago she ordered shirts for anyone who RSVP'd.  I told her that I needed an XL. So at the party,  I walk up and told her the size that I needed and she says "Oh my gosh Ashley, I got you a large...but there is no way your in an XL. It will be fine".  Thank goodness I like her or I would have said something smart about her little size 2 butt.  lol

Long story short...it fit!  I fit into a large t-shirt and it wasn't tight...it wasn't short...it was perfect!

It's funny...I was in panic mode thinking OMG, Im too fat for this. There is no way it will fit! I was going to let a stupid shirt ruin my night.  I thought I was done worrying so much about whether something would fit me or not.   Some things never change.. I suppose one day my brain might catch up...

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

coachgrrl
on 2/11/12 1:54 am
 It's amazing how your mind still thinks "big"

One of the most interesting aspects of my weight loss journey has been clothes.  While I used to love things roomy, after being told by friends "that's too big...get rid of it" I finally have started weraring clothes that fit and show off my body a bit.  It's very empowering.  I see people posting on OH all the time in clothes that are TOO big and want to yell, "that's too big...get rid of it !"  lol

Congrats!

Donnamarie
on 2/11/12 3:30 am - NY
That is very awesome.  Made me think of the times that clothes would make or broke the event, and all the angst that went along withit.  That wedding that you can't find a dress for, when it gets hot and you are the only one weairng long pants and a heavy t-shirt.  Sad memories :(

So so awesome that you rocked that Large t-shirt!!!!!!  Good for you!!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Karkies
on 2/11/12 6:08 am
 OMG! What an awesome NSV! :) Congrats!

Starting Weight: 256
Goal Weight: 145
Current Weight: 141
Check out my blog: LAP-BAND Gal
BANDED: 10/20/09

I've maintained my weight loss for over one year now!

debbie H.
on 2/12/12 11:26 am - AR
One of the best NSV stories I've heard.  So sorry you had to go through the angst.

Most Active