Restriction, but hungry all the time

amystone
on 3/31/12 12:40 pm

Do any of you feel like you have good restriction, but find yourself hungry all the time?  I crave and eat sweets every day. I took phentermine (starting out with half) for the past two days, and it is already helping. I'm not even having the sweet cravings. Have any of you had to add a little something extra to assist the band? I'm scared to get a fill; I don't want to start having reflux or complications. I get full like I'm supposed to, but I just get hungry too soon. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what did you do?

~AMY~

kathkeb
on 3/31/12 1:06 pm
When I eat a lot of processed carbs I have that.

My band is ate Greg fill level, but I am hungry and seeking food all day long.

Once I cut put the sweets and carbs, and I ER lean, solid protein at every meal, I find that I am not hungry.

I had my tummy tuck 3 weeks ago and started eating crackers with my meds, eating pudding because it was easy, smooth, and yummy.

Last week, I joined myfitnesspal.com and began to log my food.

I decided to go back to 'protein first' and am amazed at how little I eat when I do this.

I wish you well, but have been warned against that drug by my cardiologist, so I would not even consider it.

Maybe use the meds to get off of the sugar and then cut back on the drug and stay away from the sweets.
Kath

Jo 1962
on 3/31/12 1:21 pm, edited 3/31/12 1:29 am - NearHouston, TX
Hi Amy! This is exactly what I have been experiencing for the past ten days. After almost a week of waking up hungry ( which never happens anymore after being banded), I scheduled a checkup with my doc, thinking I needed a fill. I haven't had an adjustment since May 2011 when I had an unfill after being a little too tight. But I have lost 22 lbs since that adjustment so I need a fill. The doc gave me a barium swallow and agreed that he should put the .5cc back in. That was Friday morning and I have been doing great since then.

I understand your hesitancy to get a fill but being hungry all the time will make me eat more than I should.. I was getting hungry every 2-3 hrs instead of 4-5 hrs also. Try a small fill perhaps. You can always go back and get some taken out if it is too tight.

Hope I have helped.
Jo

P.s. I cant use phenermine or stuff like that because of bad leg circulation. Those really are just fads aren't they? I wouldn't waste my money on them. Give your band a chance to do its job. :)

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

MARIA F.
on 3/31/12 2:35 pm - Athens, GA

Actually I just posted something that deals with part of this on Kath's post. I crave sweets too! Love them!!! So I don't eliminate them, but limit them. Anything in moderation. One thing that can help is DON'T BRING THOSE THINGS IN THE HOUSE THAT TEMPT YOU! If you have it readily available, then it's much harder to resist.

If you want something sweet, have some Greek yogurt or some strawberries! Get some NSA applesauce or fruit ****tail.

My hunger has been a little better this month, but for over 2 years with the band.........I was hungry all the time! I know exactly now u feel. Hugs!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 4:55 am - Mexico
On March 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, amystone wrote:

Do any of you feel like you have good restriction, but find yourself hungry all the time?  I crave and eat sweets every day. I took phentermine (starting out with half) for the past two days, and it is already helping. I'm not even having the sweet cravings. Have any of you had to add a little something extra to assist the band? I'm scared to get a fill; I don't want to start having reflux or complications. I get full like I'm supposed to, but I just get hungry too soon. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what did you do?

~AMY~

Well, the more sugar you eat the hungrier you are going to be because of the blood glucose/insulin reaction and remember, insulin turns those carbs into fat.  You  have to totally go off sugar and by day 3 you'll be climbing the walls craving sugar and usually by day 5 the cravings ease up.

No surgery type fixes white carbs, that one is all us. :o(

Most Active