REGAINING AFTER 3 YEARS POST OP/LAPBAND

TOBPWL46.
on 4/30/12 1:31 am - PRATTVILLE, AL
I AM 3 YEARS POST OP AND REGAINING ALMOST 30 LBS OF MY 70LBS WEIGHT LOSS! CAN SOMEOME PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO BEFORE A GAIN IT ALL BACK. IS THEIR ANYTHING MY DOCTOR CAN DO TO HELP ME? I THINK I HAVE STRETCHED MY POUCH IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING I WANT TO AND I HAVE!

PLEASE HELP NOW!
TOBPWL
BPWL    
Paula C.
on 4/30/12 1:38 am
1st, go see surgeon, 2nd, have them remove the crapband and revise to another WLS.
TOBPWL46.
on 4/30/12 1:41 am, edited 4/30/12 1:43 am - PRATTVILLE, AL
IS IT THAT EASY TO JUST ASK FOR A REVISION? I AM SURE MY DR IS NOT GOING TO DO THAT. I WOULD LOVE TO DO THE GASTRIC SLEEVE WHERE THERE  IS NO BAND AT ALL.
BPWL    
Bette B.
on 4/30/12 1:52 am
 (insert sarcasm here____________________________)

Oh, yeah, it's JUST THAT EASY! 

Let's start small and more realistically, shall we?

First - when was the last time you saw your surgeon? If it's been a while, you probably don't me to tell you to go see him/her. Explain what's going on: signs/symptoms and such.

If needed, get your band placement, etc., evaluated with an upper GI.

Do you need a fill?

Are you just losing focus and not eating right anymore? It happens to all of us. Would a support group help?

Try ruling out the things that ARE easy to remedy, before you think about stampeding to another surgery. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

TOBPWL46.
on 4/30/12 2:12 am - PRATTVILLE, AL
Thanks for the advise on the surgery. I really am afraid to have another surgery anyway. I am not having any complications, just over eating and not exercising enough. I got to comfortable in my own skin and just went to far and can't seem to get back on the right track.

I have an appointment with my DR Wednesday. I haven't had a fill in over a year, because the last 2 that I got I had to have removed because I couldn't get anything down pass my band.
so i stopped going because I couldn't get a fill and that was the WRONG thing to do because I got to where I can eat and kept eating until now.

My surgeon is NOT going to give me a revision without trying everything, and I feel like he wouldn't give it to me then, he is just not that kind of surgeon.

BPWL    
Bette B.
on 4/30/12 2:20 am
  just over eating and not exercising enough. 

And THAT is why you don't need another surgery. If that is the issue, NO WLS is going to help.

What size fills has he been giving? Sometimes, even ONE-TENTH of a cc makes all the difference in the world.

TOBPWL46.
on 4/30/12 2:28 am - PRATTVILLE, AL

It's been .5 that's what he always says. Do you think He will give me a fill when I see him? I have been logging everything I eat and I have lost about 8lbs in the last 2 weeks.

BPWL    
Bette B.
on 4/30/12 2:32 am
 8 pounds in 2 weeks is FABULOUS! Maybe you've gotten focus back? 

YOU should be the one deciding if you need a fill or not. If you're getting filled up on small amounts of food and staying full-feeling for 3 or 4 hours, you may not need one.

TOBPWL46.
on 4/30/12 4:59 am - PRATTVILLE, AL

I don't get filled up on small amounts OF FOOD, I just stop eatting! Since it's been a while since I had a fill he might give me one.

Thanks for your advice.

BPWL    
docd
on 4/30/12 4:28 am - AZ
BING-0!!
"Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"

highest weight : 428   Banded 11/3/2011 surgery weight : 386
Most Active