cheater comfort foods - it is definately the wrong thing to do~

nudijudi
on 5/19/12 9:02 am - lutz, FL

I have not been on the site for over a year.  The year after I had my surgery, My mother became ill and eventually died.  This was my first experience with cheater eating. No my husband has stage 4 colon cancer and is under inhome hospice care.  So I was stressed, trying to take care of my husband, and working 12 hr night shifts.  I retired early on January 31, 2012 which took off some of the stress but I still kept eating comfort foods.  At the end of April we moved from our RV to a house with my son and his family..  I don't have to start at square one, but I have put on 45 pounds of the 85 I lost.  I have lost 15 pounds since moving in with our son.

The bottom line is don't do it and keep connected.

Hislady
on 5/19/12 10:48 am - Vancouver, WA
Sometimes life just forces us to deal with it first! You've had a busy stressful time. Glad you are getting back on track and we're always here for ya!
dianeg49
on 5/19/12 1:09 pm
I can understand what you are going through. My husband went through colon cancer before I was banded. It was a very stressful time.I am proud to say he is now a five year cancer free survior, but it has been a long road back.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Check in for a little down time and support when you can. Hugs!!
Dianeg49            
MARIA F.
on 5/23/12 4:17 pm - Athens, GA

I stress eat. I have had a devistating day and went out and bought 4 containers of ice cream today. Will it help my situation? No. But somemtimes that is just how  I cope. I've gotten better about it than I was.............but we all fall back on previous eating patterns at times. I will say this...............what helps me the most is not bringing in unhealthy foods in the house (most of the time), and trying to always have a lot of healthy snacks around.

Sorry about your husband. Sending prayers!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Tom C.
on 5/24/12 12:09 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
So sorry to see what you are dealing with. Know I am praying for you. If you'd need, send me a PM and I will send you my contact numbers. This way, the next time you want to reach for food - call me (by the way that goes for anyone).
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active