What does it look like when you have blood in your vomit?

Mel is losing it
on 12/21/12 6:06 am - Lakeport, CA

I pb'd last night and ended up vomiting and i vomited again this afternoon....it looked rather bright pink...it was weird. I'm scared it could be blood. :(

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

crystal M.
on 12/21/12 8:42 am - Joliet, IL

When I was studying to be a paramedic we were told to be on the look out for anything that looked like coffee grounds.  If you have vomit that looks like coffee grounds you have internal bleeding.  What  you have more than likely is bleeding toward the back of your mouth or throat. 

five0fan
on 12/25/12 10:20 am
VSG on 01/25/13

I had blood in my vomit last march.  It was strings and small chunks(about the size of a dime).  Went to ER where I was told my lapband had slipped down, causing vomit to go into my lungs.  You need to get it checked out for sure.

Highest weight: 302 / Pre-surgery weight: 240              

Hislady
on 12/21/12 9:41 am - Vancouver, WA

Either way you should have it checked by your primary doc and then your surgeon if that proves to be needed.

Bette B.
on 12/22/12 2:20 am

Before you panic, did you eat or drink anything pink? Any pink meds? Tums or Rolaids? Gum that may have made stomach contents pink?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active